+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse and Son Visa swapped in Passport by Canadian New Delhi Consulate

hello2011

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,
My application is approved and I received the passports (mine, Husband & Son) with COPR forms. I was very excited but soon realize that New Delhi Consulate has put my son Visa to my husband passport and my spouse visa to my son passport. I have 2 months validity of Visa and i am in process to sending the passports & COPR back with a cover letter.

I am worried that it will delay the process and if passed 2 months, we have to do medical again. Anyone has experience similar issue, if so please share. Consulate took 3 months to put visa to passports and hold the passports for 3 months before sending with this mess.

Thanks!!
Hello

S

ssingh

I think you should go to New Delhi office right away.. If you don't mind what category you applied under...

hello2011

Jul 14, 2011
It was under Family Category..... I already sent everything back with cover letter to New Delhi Office. I did not go to office myself because they don't allow unless you have appointment. For this issue, I don't think I can take appointment.

S

ssingh

Family category - parents and grandparents? Can you please specify. If you can give some timeline because I am waiting for our passports in parents and grandparents category. We sent all document in June.

There is open inquiry in Delhi without appointment. I think window opens between 2 pm to 3 pm. For sure it is an important matter, because my uncle had something wrong with his visa, he went to office and they took him in the embassy and it took him and gave him visa after few hours.

hello2011

Jul 14, 2011
Hello SSingh,
My timelines will not help you anyway.. The thing is that there was health concern raised by Embassy for my spouse and this case took 6 years and finally we got it but with Visa issue.

I did not know about the window otherwise I would have gone myself. Thanks for sharing this information. Now that I have sent the documents back by registered post, I can only wait... wish I have got this information before sending. I would have gone and get it fixed. Tired of waiting so long...

To add, the visa was sponsored by my daughter from Canada in 2005. I lost all other counts.... :-\

Thanks!!