+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse’s open work permit application refusal.

Fiaz92

Oct 20, 2018
Hi,
I’m in an open Post Graduate Work Permit in Ontario, works as a Fire Alarm Technician which is class B Job according to the CIC website( please see the attached screenshot). I got married from India on last November 2019 and i applied for my spouse’s work permit on March 2020.Unfortunately on May 2nd week i got the refusal email from the IRCC, what surprises me is that the reasons doesn’t seem fair. I have given them all the documents regarding my work but still they seem to be suspicious about my job category regardless what my employer testifies. If anyone can spare some time to look at the refusal reasons and give me some suggestions that’ll be much appreciated. Thanks

Refusal Reasons By IRCC

Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B.
• You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.

Akthararyan

May 14, 2020
Hie i too got same reasons for the first time as my noc code falls under b . I have applied agian with all supporting documents like
Paystubs
T4
Marriage photos
My passport where my spose name was mentioned clearly
Fd
Bc id
Offer letter
Etc etc
I have applied again on apirl 19 ... till today her application status has not changed hope for the best

Fiaz92

Oct 20, 2018
Hie i too got same reasons for the first time as my noc code falls under b . I have applied agian with all supporting documents like
Paystubs
T4
Marriage photos
My passport where my spose name was mentioned clearly
Fd
Bc id
Offer letter
Etc etc
I have applied again on apirl 19 ... till today her application status has not changed hope for the best

Thanks for the reply buddy. Please let me know if you get an update.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I’m in an open Post Graduate Work Permit in Ontario, works as a Fire Alarm Technician which is class B Job according to the CIC website( please see the attached screenshot). I got married from India on last November 2019 and i applied for my spouse’s work permit on March 2020.Unfortunately on May 2nd week i got the refusal email from the IRCC, what surprises me is that the reasons doesn’t seem fair. I have given them all the documents regarding my work but still they seem to be suspicious about my job category regardless what my employer testifies. If anyone can spare some time to look at the refusal reasons and give me some suggestions that’ll be much appreciated. Thanks

Refusal Reasons By IRCC

Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B.
• You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.
What evidence did you include to support your marriage? Based on the refusal reason, you were refused because of weak evidence to support your marriage.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Refusal Reasons By IRCC

Agree with scylla. The refusal has nothing to do with your job. You were refused because IRCC doesn't believe your marriage is genuine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was this an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent together in person after marriage or while you were dating? Your situation is not uncommon. Many receive refusals when they get married during their study/work permit or right before they leave for Canada after they have been approved for a permit. If couples have not been dating or living together before marriage many have very little proof of their relationship outside texting and video chats. This is a way that people trying to commit immigration fraud try to get into Canada. The couple then divorces later on while in Canada. You will need to wait and get more proof of your relationship. Another visit in person would be helpful but given covid not possible. Normally it is a matter of time and eventually the spouse is approved.

Fiaz92

Oct 20, 2018
Was this an arranged marriage? How much time have you spent together in person after marriage or while you were dating? Your situation is not uncommon. Many receive refusals when they get married during their study/work permit or right before they leave for Canada after they have been approved for a permit. If couples have not been dating or living together before marriage many have very little proof of their relationship outside texting and video chats. This is a way that people trying to commit immigration fraud try to get into Canada. The couple then divorces later on while in Canada. You will need to wait and get more proof of your relationship. Another visit in person would be helpful but given covid not possible. Normally it is a matter of time and eventually the spouse is approved.
Thanks for your time, yeah that makes sense. These frauds are ruining it for everybody, it was an arranged marriage so we don’t have any dating pics or anything. May be i applied too soon eh. I might as well pay her another visit and make some more proof somehow. Would you suggest challenging this refusal or reapply? Once again appreciate all suggestions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your time, yeah that makes sense. These frauds are ruining it for everybody, it was an arranged marriage so we don’t have any dating pics or anything. May be i applied too soon eh. I might as well pay her another visit and make some more proof somehow. Would you suggest challenging this refusal or reapply? Once again appreciate all suggestions.
You need to reapply with stronger evidence for your marriage and relationship.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hi,

Refusal Reasons By IRCC

on what date in march did you apply for it ? and on what date in MAY 2020 you got refusal?

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Did you apply offline or online?
If you apply online then you can just provide 4mb of documents to prove your marriage on the other hand offline fine their is no limit.