+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal workpermit extension for PR

alonzo879

Oct 7, 2020
Hi i would like to know my options, my wife is studying a 2 year program, and i got the open work permit because of this. On April Next year the study and work permits expire. Right now I have 1 year working on a NOC B job, which gives me the opportunity to apply for PR as CEC. I'm waiting for my ECA for my studies and my CELPIP exam to apply for PR in the next months.

The questions i have is the following:
In case I don't get the ITA for the PR before the last day of April can i?

Apply for a work permit to keep working while i get the ITA? If so, do i need a LMIA?
If my wife gets her PGWP can i continue to work?
If she dosen't get teh grades before the last day and apply for a a visitor record, can i continue to work?

Are there other options?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi i would like to know my options, my wife is studying a 2 year program, and i got the open work permit because of this. On April Next year the study and work permits expire. Right now I have 1 year working on a NOC B job, which gives me the opportunity to apply for PR as CEC. I'm waiting for my ECA for my studies and my CELPIP exam to apply for PR in the next months.

The questions i have is the following:
In case I don't get the ITA for the PR before the last day of April can i?

Apply for a work permit to keep working while i get the ITA? If so, do i need a LMIA?
If my wife gets her PGWP can i continue to work?
If she dosen't get teh grades before the last day and apply for a a visitor record, can i continue to work?

Are there other options?

Thanks.
- If you want to apply for a closed work permit, your employer needs to get an approved LMIA.
- If you want to extend your open work permit, your spouse needs to secure a NOC A, B or 0 skill role after completing their studies and then include three payslips and proof of employment with your application.
- If you convert your status to visitor record, you must stop working as soon as your open work permit expires.

alonzo879

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for the quick response,so everything end up with my wife getting a NOC job after graduation and her PGWP right?
A couple of questions more:
Does the NOC job has to be on her field of study or any NOC job will suffice?
If she decides to continue studying now the Bachelors o an other college degree, the permits can be renewed?

Regards,