+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal work permit

noname0037

Feb 1, 2024
Hi! I applied for my TRV after my marriage, but my marriage was not registered at the time. So I applied as a single applicant. Now we are planning to change my spouses PGWP to SOWP, will it affect his application? And how can we rectify it? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! I applied for my TRV after my marriage, but my marriage was not registered at the time. So I applied as a single applicant. Now we are planning to change my spouses PGWP to SOWP, will it affect his application? And how can we rectify it? Thanks
That could be considered misrepresentation. Had you had the ceremony? Did you register your marriage when TRV was being processed? If so you still would have had to update your application and notify IRCC that you were married. Some people delay registration thinking that they will then qualify as single when they would still be considered married and increase their chances of approval. IRCC is aware of ways people try to fool the system. What is your status now? How does your spouse qualify for SOWP?