+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal work permit

kansingh

Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and my wife is here in Canada on PGWP. Our status has been changed in december 2020 from single to married. I am waiting for PCC to file her PR under the spousal PR program and her work visa is expiring in April 15. So can I apply for an extension of her work permit under the new 18-month extension program (Covid 19). All of your feedbacks are highly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and my wife is here in Canada on PGWP. Our status has been changed in december 2020 from single to married. I am waiting for PCC to file her PR under the spousal PR program and her work visa is expiring in April 15. So can I apply for an extension of her work permit under the new 18-month extension program (Covid 19). All of your feedbacks are highly appreciated.
I'm not sure I understand your question,but yes, apply for both. Is that waht you were concerned about?

kansingh

Mar 24, 2021
Due to delay in PCC i can't file her PR with in time period. To maintain her leagal status is she eligble to apply for open work permit.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes r we eligible under special program?
I don't know; you will have to look at the requirements under that special program to see. Since you seem to be saying it's a pgwp-related extension, you might try asking in the related forum here to determine eligibility, or the instructions on the government of canada ircc site.