+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Work Permit

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
Hi there,
Im in canada & my wife is in India. Im on open work permit, if im bringing my wife here on what application she can come?
When I checked with cic they said i should bring her as a tourist then apply for work permit. But i heard that we can bring her as my dependent through TRV & in port of entry she can get open work permit.
Many say that tourist visa has higher rate of rejection so what is the right way to bring her?
Thanks
Regards
Prakash

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
Yes I'm on PGWP currently stubs & skill level are there. But for applying SOWP should we apply for TRV first then apply for SOWP. Can you please let me know where to start?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Yes I'm on PGWP currently stubs & skill level are there. But for applying SOWP should we apply for TRV first then apply for SOWP. Can you please let me know where to start?
If you are holding PGWP and working under NOC A, B or O already. I suggest applying SOWP for your spouse with all clear supporting documents.

Reactions: Prakashankar

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
Are my answers correct?

What type of work permit do you want to apply for?

A work permit for a spouse, common-law partner or child of a skilled worker or international student

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

Yes

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Are my answers correct?

What type of work permit do you want to apply for?

A work permit for a spouse, common-law partner or child of a skilled worker or international student

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

Yes
Yes, they are correct.

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
After answering the prerequisite questions this is where I landed. Can you please based check whether I'm going in right direction by looking at the forms it popped up after my answers?
App form:
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)

Supporting Documents:

Optional Documents
Regards

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
After answering the prerequisite questions this is where I landed. Can you please based check whether I'm going in right direction by looking at the forms it popped up after my answers?
App form:
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (required)

Supporting Documents:

Optional Documents
Regards
Please double check.
- Family Member Proof of Status (required)
Also, I believe it would be much better if you include a reasonable explanation letter to convince the officer.

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
- Family Member Proof of Status (required) --- this one is about my status in canada right?

I would definitely include a letter for explaining why is she here to convince the officer. But the one above you mentioned it was not showing up after questionnaire do you have any idea why would that be?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
- Family Member Proof of Status (required) --- this one is about my status in canada right?

I would definitely include a letter for explaining why is she here to convince the officer. But the one above you mentioned it was not showing up after questionnaire do you have any idea why would that be?
Please double check all your answer. If it does not show up, you still have to include your PGWP, employment letter indicating you are working under job NOC A, B or O, and also 3 paystubs. can upload this under client information together with your explanation letter.

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
It also has a form under optional documents for temp resi visa. Should I submit 2 applications together like for permit & visa as well?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
So how does this online application work? After submitting application online if approved will they ask us to send the passport to nearby consulate from where they are applying from? Which mode is faster paper or online application

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
So how does this online application work? After submitting application online if approved will they ask us to send the passport to nearby consulate from where they are applying from? Which mode is faster paper or online application
Yes, you will get the passport request when the application has been approved with the final decision. I am not sure which mode is faster. The difference is if you apply paper base you will have to submit the passport from the beginning. Meanwhile, you only submit the passport when you have a request if applying online. My suggestion is to prepare your supporting documents carefully, place them in good order for the officer to easily review. A reasonable explanation letter will make the difference as well.