+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Work Permit - Letter of Introduction Expiring in a month

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,
I have a query and would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

My wife spousal work permit was approved. She has a Letter of Introduction with expiry date of 22nd July 2023. She is planning to come on 16th June to Canada. Her medical is still valid. My question is that would there be any issues in getting work permit at POE if her TRV and Introduction of letter is expiring around 35 days of her arrival in Canada. Would border officer raise questions that why is she coming so late even though her spousal work permit was approved 7-8 months back.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have a query and would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

My wife spousal work permit was approved. She has a Letter of Introduction with expiry date of 22nd July 2023. She is planning to come on 16th June to Canada. Her medical is still valid. My question is that would there be any issues in getting work permit at POE if her TRV and Introduction of letter is expiring around 35 days of her arrival in Canada. Would border officer raise questions that why is she coming so late even though her spousal work permit was approved 7-8 months back.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

Thank you
when does your WP or SP expire?

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
I got extension and my WP would expire in october 2024. However, for my spouse the apporved SOWP application has expiry of July 2023 (It was based upon my previous OWP)