+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visitor Visa - Approved!!

taneja

May 12, 2021
This is post is to keep up the hopes of genuine spouse visit visa cases and to bust the myths around guaranteed refusal in case of TRVs for Spouses.
There is a general notion that Spouses are only expected to be applying for Family Class Sponsorship or they are not true visitors and would apply for inland sponsorship which may be true in most cases but there are exceptions too. There are very few people like myself who are spouse of a status holder but chose to stay a visitor than apply PR. Hard to believe but this is what it is. But situation like these make the case complicated.
This is where correct and detailed documentation comes into play. If your purpose of visit is genuine and you have all documents and funds to prove that, IRCC will definitely consider your case.

Timeline of my case:
1st application - May, 2021. No decision made
2nd application - October 1st, 2021. Got refusal just after 2 days on grounds of family ties.
Reapplied on October 17, 2021 addressing the grounds of refusal with updated documents and detailed letter of explanation. Made a solid case with supporting documents.
Decision made on November 5, 2021 - Visa Approved.

Purpose of visit - Visiting pregnant wife
National of one country and Working and living in another country.
I had a Canada TRV in the past, extensive US and other countries travel history, still my visa was rejected.
I seeked helped on this forum from so called 'Senior' or 'experienced' members of the forum but none except one replied. Even that person didn't seem positive in my case and rather advised to forget TRV and have Plan B.

But I knew my case was wrongly decided and my application made IRCC reconsider my case.
Thank goodness, I didn't loose hope of TRV or chose a route of Spousal Sponsorship, which I do not intend too.

So, all I want to say, stay crystal clear, to the point and affirmative in your process. You know your case better than anyone. Just try and present your case strongly with detailed documents and of ofcourse current timeline requires lot of patience.

Good luck!!
Cheers.

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
This is post is to keep up the hopes of genuine spouse visit visa cases and to bust the myths around guaranteed refusal in case of TRVs for Spouses.
There is a general notion that Spouses are only expected to be applying for Family Class Sponsorship or they are not true visitors and would apply for inland sponsorship which may be true in most cases but there are exceptions too. There are very few people like myself who are spouse of a status holder but chose to stay a visitor than apply PR. Hard to believe but this is what it is. But situation like these make the case complicated.
This is where correct and detailed documentation comes into play. If your purpose of visit is genuine and you have all documents and funds to prove that, IRCC will definitely consider your case.

Timeline of my case:
2nd application - October 1st, 2021. Got refusal just after 2 days on grounds of family ties.
Reapplied on October 17, 2021 addressing the grounds of refusal with updated documents and detailed letter of explanation. Made a solid case with supporting documents.

I had a Canada TRV in the past, extensive US and other countries travel history, still my visa was rejected.
I seeked helped on this forum from so called 'Senior' or 'experienced' members of the forum but none except one replied. Even that person didn't seem positive in my case and rather advised to forget TRV and have Plan B.

But I knew my case was wrongly decided and my application made IRCC reconsider my case.
Thank goodness, I didn't loose hope of TRV or chose a route of Spousal Sponsorship, which I do not intend too.

So, all I want to say, stay crystal clear, to the point and affirmative in your process. You know your case better than anyone. Just try and present your case strongly with detailed documents and of ofcourse current timeline requires lot of patience.

Good luck!!
Cheers.

we applied on October 2nd,2021 visit visa new portal ( while pending spouse open work permit ) but showed yesterday we are reviewing.I heard they will give approval or rejection on the spot. We worrying about why reviewing

I am travelling on December for study and I applied and she can travel with me two months and go back to India

please suggest me and anybody has this situation ??

Seko_Saki

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019

Timeline of my case:

Good luck!!
Cheers.
Congratulations : )
Good for you that you didn't listen to the so called seniors/experts LOL like that Canuck person who keeps spreading wrong information and claims to be an ''expert'' .................. an expert in giving wrong info LOL

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021

Timeline of my case:

Good luck!!
Cheers.
Congrats! Your patience and persistence paid off!
Could you explain what was reasons for initial refusals and how did you correct those concerns in the subsequent applications?

Reactions: Vedant_agarwalla

taneja

May 12, 2021
Congrats! Your patience and persistence paid off!
Could you explain what was reasons for initial refusals and how did you correct those concerns in the subsequent applications?
My second application got refused based on ties in Canada and country of residence.
I provided more detailed documents of my job, letter from employer verifying my job duties, its critical nature and my professionalism. Also, stating why and how it was important for me to return back to country of residence.
I rather subtly challanged in my application to IRCC that how they concluded that I would not return from Canada given the fact that I had a visitor visa before which got expired. I had come and exited the country in the past and would do so now as well and above all why would I leave my highly paying and rewarding government job in third country (not India), damage my career prospects and start from basic in a new land.
I also mentioned that I am eligible to apply and obtain PR for myself through family class sponsorship but I chose not to and it is a personal choice. I am just looking for temporary reunification with family.
I also subtly challenged their rejection based on family ties in Canada by mentioning that my only family tie is my wife and neithet her's nor mine any other family member is present in Canada. My wife is there because she is fulfilling her PR obligations and maintaining Canadian PR is her personal choice which I support but not taking Canadian PR and living outside Canada is my choice which my wife supports.
I know it was my third application and my last chance after one refusal. I knew whatever points I mentioned could go either way but it turned out to be in my favour. Thankfully and I would be able to join my wife in our child's birth :)

Reactions: baome

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
My second application got refused based on ties in Canada and country of residence.
I provided more detailed documents of my job, letter from employer verifying my job duties, its critical nature and my professionalism. Also, stating why and how it was important for me to return back to country of residence.
I rather subtly challanged in my application to IRCC that how they concluded that I would not return from Canada given the fact that I had a visitor visa before which got expired. I had come and exited the country in the past and would do so now as well and above all why would I leave my highly paying and rewarding government job in third country (not India), damage my career prospects and start from basic in a new land.
I also mentioned that I am eligible to apply and obtain PR for myself through family class sponsorship but I chose not to and it is a personal choice. I am just looking for temporary reunification with family.
I also subtly challenged their rejection based on family ties in Canada by mentioning that my only family tie is my wife and neithet her's nor mine any other family member is present in Canada. My wife is there because she is fulfilling her PR obligations and maintaining Canadian PR is her personal choice which I support but not taking Canadian PR and living outside Canada is my choice which my wife supports.
I know it was my third application and my last chance after one refusal. I knew whatever points I mentioned could go either way but it turned out to be in my favour. Thankfully and I would be able to join my wife in our child's birth :)
Happy for you! Thank you for the detailed response!
To be honest your case was pretty strong, surprised that your application got rejected twice.

taneja

May 12, 2021
Happy for you! Thank you for the detailed response!
To be honest your case was pretty strong, surprised that your application got rejected twice.
Actually it got rejected once, there was no decision made on other application.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012

Timeline of my case:

Good luck!!
Cheers.
Congrats!! im very happy for you.

just to clarify, youre saying that if they know you will apply for inland sponsorship after you get there with a TRV, they will not approve your visa application?

taneja

May 12, 2021
Congrats!! im very happy for you.

just to clarify, youre saying that if they know you will apply for inland sponsorship after you get there with a TRV, they will not approve your visa application?
No mate, to be honest I have no idea how this inland sponsorship works. But going through this forum, I have understood that since outland sponsorship takes a lot of time than inland, spouses chose to come here and stay to apply for inland. That is why IRCC scrutinize spouse applications more and spouse TRV success rate is so low.
This is what the general notion about it, rest as I said, I do not know much about it as it never excited me and I didn't do my own research. Thanks

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT
Many congratulations!

I agree. There are so many so called experts here.. The fact is, all of us have different cases. We should stick to sharing our experiences and not making other people lose hope.

Can you please share how many years of TRV did they give you?

Reactions: 3sports and taneja

taneja

May 12, 2021
Many congratulations!

I agree. There are so many so called experts here.. The fact is, all of us have different cases. We should stick to sharing our experiences and not making other people lose hope.

Can you please share how many years of TRV did they give you?
My Passport is sent to the Visa office. I will only get to know when it returns. Based on my nationality, we usaully get 10 years of TRV but since my passport was renewed in 2019, I am expecting TRV till 2029. Rest, let's see.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No mate, to be honest I have no idea how this inland sponsorship works. But going through this forum, I have understood that since outland sponsorship takes a lot of time than inland, spouses chose to come here and stay to apply for inland. That is why IRCC scrutinize spouse applications more and spouse TRV success rate is so low.
This is what the general notion about it, rest as I said, I do not know much about it as it never excited me and I didn't do my own research. Thanks
Outland and inland applications have comparable approval times

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Outland and inland applications have comparable approval times
Yes
The only major difference being, after inland you get a work permit and don’t have to leave canada

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience.
My case is nearly the same as yours except that mine is not for spouse.
Few years back I was eligible to immigrate to Canada because my father obtained a permanent residence and I was included on his confirmation of permanent residence as his dependent but I took a very difficult decision not to leave my close family(my sister and my mother NB:my father and mother were separated since long ago and i have been living with my mother and sister since long ago)and stay in my home country but that believe that whenever I will want to pay a visit to my father I will request for a TRV.
I applied through IRCC portal on the 30th September and my eligibility review started on the 9th October till now on and it's been a month.I trust in the judgment of VOs to assess my case and grant me an approval since I present many document of my home ties and a proof of the fact that I am not interested by staying in Canada permanently.
Thank you

Timeline of my case:

Good luck!!
Cheers.

Sumrit

Aug 27, 2019
India
Category........
VISIT
Congratss!! @taneja plz help me and suggest me which document should I upload for visitor visa spouse . My spouse is canada pr n m in india we are aparted from each other from last 2 & half year.