+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visa

Mrs V

Aug 10, 2017
My husband is Canada Citizen & I from PHIL I applying for spousal visa & a permanent resident, we successfully linked my application in GCkey then they msg. Me for Medical Examination they gave me a form IMM 1017 & I already finished my medical exam, my medical exam take on Aug 03, 2017 & My physician already send my medical results in Aug 08, 2017 & I checked my GCkey account there's nothing or NEW msg from them that they "received" my medical results??? so, my questions is what should I do now??? to wait & in daily check my GCkey account? But if there's a new msg. from my account it will send a notification email ryt...

I read some discussion in permanent resident it take 3months process is that true???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I read some discussion in permanent resident it take 3months process is that true???
No - not true. Processing of the PR card takes around three months. PR application processing takes longer than that.

Reactions: Mrs V

asingh7201

Sep 7, 2016
I have a question , i ve sent wrong size photos with passpirt and annex a form to ottawa. Does that mean they ll cancel my application ? I am in lot of panic now

Kriztinn

Aug 12, 2017
Start life in Canada
Greetings!
I am a filipina. I have a boyfriend, he is Italian. He is now a permanent resident of Canada. We are now engaged and planning to get married by next year. We both want to start life in canada. What are the procedures that we need to do first? How long will it takes for me to be with him after we get married? We dont have idea on the process. I hope you could both help us.
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Start life in Canada
Greetings!
I am a filipina. I have a boyfriend, he is Italian. He is now a permanent resident of Canada. We are now engaged and planning to get married by next year. We both want to start life in canada. What are the procedures that we need to do first? How long will it takes for me to be with him after we get married? We dont have idea on the process. I hope you could both help us.
Thank you!
Once you are married, he will need to sponsor you for PR through the spousal sponsorship stream. Since he is a PR, he must be living in Canada when he submits the sponsorship application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. If you can obtain a visitor visa, then you can travel to Canada to be with him before PR is approved. Otherwise you will need to remain in your home country while you wait for the PR visa to be approved and while he lives in Canada. The chances are quite high the visitor visa will be refused. So there's a good chance you will have to live apart for a while during the time your PR application is being processed.

Kriztinn

Aug 12, 2017
Th
Once you are married, he will need to sponsor you for PR through the spousal sponsorship stream. Since he is a PR, he must be living in Canada when he submits the sponsorship application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. If you can obtain a visitor visa, then you can travel to Canada to be with him before PR is approved. Otherwise you will need to remain in your home country while you wait for the PR visa to be approved and while he lives in Canada. The chances are quite high the visitor visa will be refused. So there's a good chance you will have to live apart for a while during the time your PR application is being processed.[/QUOTEt
Once you are married, he will need to sponsor you for PR through the spousal sponsorship stream. Since he is a PR, he must be living in Canada when he submits the sponsorship application and must continue living in Canada while the application is processed. If you can obtain a visitor visa, then you can travel to Canada to be with him before PR is approved. Otherwise you will need to remain in your home country while you wait for the PR visa to be approved and while he lives in Canada. The chances are quite high the visitor visa will be refused. So there's a good chance you will have to live apart for a while during the time your PR application is being processed.
Thank you so much *Scylla for your quick response. Highly appreciated

Kriztinn

Aug 12, 2017
Hello i have a follow up questions. We want to know what our the documents that we need for my PR once we get married .
What our the documents that i need to pass? Where should we process that? Is it okay if we processed that in canada embassy in philippines? Or to his lawyer in canada? Where is more suitable? We both dont have any idea this forum is very helpful . Thanks a lot