+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visa Help

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I recently got married in India. I am a PR holder for the last one year. My wife is a Medical Professional in a Govt. Hospital. I would like her to come to Canada with me. Now I am aware that its not a fast process to get a spousal visa.
I want to know few things:-

1) Is it really nonsense to apply for a tourist visa for spouse?? Will they reject the visa even if the person is a Govt. Employee???
2) Can I apply for PR visa as well as tourist visa at the same time?? Would it not be an issue for either of the applications??
3) Do I have to apply for PR visa from Canada or is it possible to do so here in India?
4) Lastly just some personal advice from experts on the fact that PR visa might take 12 months to process. Can someone pls advice me on how I can take my spouse with me.

Pls if possible answer by numbering :)

Thanks a ton in advance!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ashish_Kumar said:
1) Is it really nonsense to apply for a tourist visa for spouse?? Will they reject the visa even if the person is a Govt. Employee???
2) Can I apply for PR visa as well as tourist visa at the same time?? Would it not be an issue for either of the applications??
3) Do I have to apply for PR visa from Canada or is it possible to do so here in India?
4) Lastly just some personal advice from experts on the fact that PR visa might take 12 months to process. Can someone pls advice me on how I can take my spouse with me.
Hi

1) The chances of her getting a tourist visa are very low. You can try but don't get your hopes up.
2) Yes, you can apply for both. They are entirely separate applications and will not affect each other.
3) As a PR, you must be in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process.
4) Sorry, can't give much advice on this. If she is unable to get a tourist visa, you will need to just wait it out. You can visit her in India but only for a few weeks at a time, no more than a few times a year. Otherwise, you risk cancellation of your application by being out of Canada too long.