+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal visa forms barcode problems

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
hi there,

I am using macbook air, and i am having trouble with barcodes for forms that generate it, what I did i borrowed laptop from friends and have it printed, then made changes to the forms that previously printed,

1. do i need to print again the barcode page or i will just print the forms that i made some changes?, i can just print the whole forms but my macbook dont display the barcodes,

2. can someone help me how to solve this problem with macbook air, my adobe reader is updated. its 2018.001.20040

Thank you in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi there,

I am using macbook air, and i am having trouble with barcodes for forms that generate it, what I did i borrowed laptop from friends and have it printed, then made changes to the forms that previously printed,

1. do i need to print again the barcode page or i will just print the forms that i made some changes?, i can just print the whole forms but my macbook dont display the barcodes,

2. can someone help me how to solve this problem with macbook air, my adobe reader is updated. its 2018.001.20040

Thank you in advance.
If you make changes to the forms, you need to validate them again.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
There is a bug that when on macOS the barcodes don't generate with latest Adobe Reader, they just generate as a page with a placeholder square for the barcode (but it's blank).

I got hit by this as well and eventually I just gave up, in the end I had to use Adobe Reader on a Windows PC to get them to generate.

Their support wasn't particularly helpful and we couldn't work out how to get it to generate on macOS at all. On Windows the barcodes generated fine without any issue and it was immediately obvious the macOS version just doesn't work properly.

Last edited:

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
There is a bug that when on macOS the barcodes don't generate with latest Adobe Reader, they just generate as a page with a placeholder square for the barcode (but it's blank).

I got hit by this as well and eventually I just gave up, in the end I had to use Adobe Reader on a Windows PC to get them to generate.

Their support wasn't particularly helpful and we couldn't work out how to get it to generate on macOS at all. On Windows the barcodes generated fine without any issue and it was immediately obvious the macOS version just doesn't work properly.

Thank you for the reply, I think I need to give up on using mac for this forms that doesn't generate barcodes.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Thank you for the reply, I think I need to give up on using mac for this forms that doesn't generate barcodes.
Yes, you should try on Windows. The moment I opened my forms on Windows and hit validate the barcodes generated without any problem.
You can just copy the completed forms to windows, hit validate and print. That's what we did.

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
Yes, you should try on Windows. The moment I opened my forms on Windows and hit validate the barcodes generated without any problem.
You can just copy the completed forms to windows, hit validate and print. That's what we did.

Thank You.

Afgboy_2017

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
hi there,

Thank you in advance.
You need to make sure that you update your adobe and set it as default instead of preview in macOS. If not uninstall it and use an older version. I had the same problem and I got it fixed.Also, you need to change the extension in safari so that it uses the adobe extension instead of the preview to open pdf files that CIC sends you. Otherwise, you will not be able to read it.