+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

kinggeorge

Feb 16, 2024
Hello

Just an inquiry before i start my spouse sponsorship.

I divorced my wife 5yrs ago. I am a PR now. And when I was divorced I met someone and we became common law. I went for vacation in Philippines months ago, I had 2months vacation after 5yrs., me and my ex-wife got reconcile. I have three kids with her. I got back to CAN and now, Im decided to bring her here with my kids. My common law, we decided to get separated, we had a good relationship and she understand that i will bring my family here. Next year, Im planning to re-marry my wife again so that i can start my spousal sponsorship for her. My question is that: Is there any years or time to get re-marry to my ex-wife again?? What should i do? Please HELP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

Just an inquiry before i start my spouse sponsorship.

I divorced my wife 5yrs ago. I am a PR now. And when I was divorced I met someone and we became common law. I went for vacation in Philippines months ago, I had 2months vacation after 5yrs., me and my ex-wife got reconcile. I have three kids with her. I got back to CAN and now, Im decided to bring her here with my kids. My common law, we decided to get separated, we had a good relationship and she understand that i will bring my family here. Next year, Im planning to re-marry my wife again so that i can start my spousal sponsorship for her. My question is that: Is there any years or time to get re-marry to my ex-wife again?? What should i do? Please HELP.
How did you get PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you legally divorced when you became a PR (not just when you applied for PR)? You don't indicate when you gained that status and if it was before or after your divorce.

kinggeorge

Feb 16, 2024
when i applied for my pr i was divorced already and i have the divorce certificate as well. so when i was applying for my pr i was on common law status. if that make sense.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when i applied for my pr i was divorced already and i have the divorce certificate as well. so when i was applying for my pr i was on common law status. if that make sense.
Did you not include your common-law partner in your application, or were you sponsored by your partner? If the latter, you can sponsor your ex-wife as soon as you are married, as long as you are in compliance with your Residency Obligation when she applies.

kinggeorge

Feb 16, 2024
when i was applying, Yes i did include my common-law partner in my application for pr. she is now pr as well. so in all my documents (ircc, cra, etc) even in my insurance, my common-law is in it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when i was applying, Yes i did include my common-law partner in my application for pr. she is now pr as well. so in all my documents (ircc, cra, etc) even in my insurance, my common-law is in it.
Great!

You might consider creating a document indicating that your common-law relationship has ended. Have your former partner sign it and have it notarized, just in case IRCC wants/needs something to verify that the relationship has ended when you apply to sponsor your former wife, soon to be your `new' wife again.

kinggeorge

Feb 16, 2024
Big thanks!
Do i have to put the date when we ended our relationship? not sure about notarized, any ideas where? last question, im planning to go back in Philippines by nextyear and will get married around June 2025, question, by July 2025 i can start processing/applying the spousal sponsorship??.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Big thanks!
Do i have to put the date when we ended our relationship? not sure about notarized, any ideas where? last question, im planning to go back in Philippines by nextyear and will get married around June 2025, question, by July 2025 i can start processing/applying the spousal sponsorship??.
You do have to disclose that your were in a Common-law relationship; when that relationship began and when it ended.

You can start the application process when you have returned to Canada after you are married. As a PR (not a Canadian citizen) you can only sponsor if you are in Canada.

Should be easy to find a notary. The Commissionaires might be a good place to start:
https://commissionaires.ca/en/services/document-authentication-and-legalization-services/