+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Hi, I’d like to ask some questions regarding spousal sponsorship. Me (Canadian citizen) and my wife (Japanese citizen) got married recently. Before marriage we have been together for 2.5 years. During our marriage in Japan, we just signed papers in the ward office in Japan as they don’t do courthouse wedding. We didn’t do any ceremonies at all but we have picture of us both signing papers at the ward office, picture with the ward office agent, and picture with the witness. We also have proofs of our relationship such as messages, call, picture together, picture with families and friends, airline tickets, and love letters for the whole 2 years of our relationship. We didn’t do ceremony due to financial strain as I am still a college student. I still have 2 years of school but we’re going to do traditional wedding later on. Me and my wife wanted to stay together and not live far from each other. I can also ask our provide a letter as one proof. Will this impose suspicion to the immigration officer.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hi, I’d like to ask some questions regarding spousal sponsorship. Me (Canadian citizen) and my wife (Japanese citizen) got married recently. Before marriage we have been together for 2.5 years. During our marriage in Japan, we just signed papers in the ward office in Japan as they don’t do courthouse wedding. We didn’t do any ceremonies at all but we have picture of us both signing papers at the ward office, picture with the ward office agent, and picture with the witness. We also have proofs of our relationship such as messages, call, picture together, picture with families and friends, airline tickets, and love letters for the whole 2 years of our relationship. We didn’t do ceremony due to financial strain as I am still a college student. I still have 2 years of school but we’re going to do traditional wedding later on. Me and my wife wanted to stay together and not live far from each other. I can also ask our provide a letter as one proof. Will this impose suspicion to the immigration officer.
if they believe the relationship is not genuine they schedule interview and not reject the application based on the proofs and documentation you submit with your application

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
What I am saying is if the immigration officer have any suspicion they would scheduled interview so you just submit your application and not overthink about the suspicion
Ahhh okay, I’m just worried about not having a ceremony because in Japan they don’t do courthouse wedding. We wanted to save money and do the traditional wedding ceremony later on. But we have witnesses such as her mom, grandma, and her best friend. Will it be okay if they write a letter to support our marriage?

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Ahhh okay, I’m just worried about not having a ceremony because in Japan they don’t do courthouse wedding. We wanted to save money and do the traditional wedding ceremony later on. But we have witnesses such as her mom, grandma, and her best friend. Will it be okay if they write a letter to support our marriage?
Whatever you got submit your application with those proofs, if they need additional documents they will ask you to submit and then you can take that opportunity to explain what's missing and why