+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Rpsingh14392

Aug 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

4-5 months ago i applied for Spousal Sponsorship application. I am Canadian Citizen and my partner is Indian citizen. We did a court marriage this year in January. Last week i got an email to request more pictures of ceremonies to validate my marriage. As we only did court marriage we don’t have social gathering pictures. What should I do?
Can anyone also share a cover letter with something similar case, just for reference? Thank you.
I am attaching a snap chat of the document request email for your reference guys.
Also, on my online application. There’s nowhere to upload additional documents?? Should i just fill a web form?

BELOW IS THE REQUEST LETTER
“In order for us to continue processing your application, the following information and documents are required.
Note that any original documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
 Photographs depicting all customary rites, ceremonies and essential elements that are required for nuptials under the law you were married in order to be solemnized.
 If applicable, photographs of your civil marriage and any receptions or post marriage celebrations and outings.
 If applicable, any other new documentation in support of your relationship to your sponsor.”

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
You can try to explain the situation and perhaps get support letters from both families and friends.

You gotta have a wedding reception man. Or at least some sort of gathering with family and friends. It is odd not having any celebration after your court marriage.

Or at least plan one and get'er done sooner than later.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

4-5 months ago i applied for Spousal Sponsorship application. I am Canadian Citizen and my partner is Indian citizen. We did a court marriage this year in January. Last week i got an email to request more pictures of ceremonies to validate my marriage. As we only did court marriage we don’t have social gathering pictures. What should I do?
Can anyone also share a cover letter with something similar case, just for reference? Thank you.
I am attaching a snap chat of the document request email for your reference guys.
Also, on my online application. There’s nowhere to upload additional documents?? Should i just fill a web form?

BELOW IS THE REQUEST LETTER
“In order for us to continue processing your application, the following information and documents are required.
Note that any original documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
 Photographs depicting all customary rites, ceremonies and essential elements that are required for nuptials under the law you were married in order to be solemnized.
 If applicable, photographs of your civil marriage and any receptions or post marriage celebrations and outings.
 If applicable, any other new documentation in support of your relationship to your sponsor.”
As replied, any photos that's during and after the wedding would help, Did you have dinner with friends/family after the court marriage? A small celebration is better than no photo at all. Did you spend time together after the wedding? Andy picture with friends and family afterwards to introduce your new spouse to them? (tea together?) IRCC needs you to show more than just a marriage certificate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
4-5 months ago i applied for Spousal Sponsorship application. I am Canadian Citizen and my partner is Indian citizen. We did a court marriage this year in January. Last week i got an email to request more pictures of ceremonies to validate my marriage. As we only did court marriage we don’t have social gathering pictures.
Was this an arranged marriage? How long did you know each other before getting married, how much time physically spent together? Why did you choose civil marriage (was this in India)?

Reactions: YVR123