+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Meeks101

May 21, 2021
I am about to put in my application for spousal sponsorship and my ex boyfriend is threatening to tell immigration I’m a fraud because of jealousy. If he does can this affect my application in any way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am about to put in my application for spousal sponsorship and my ex boyfriend is threatening to tell immigration I’m a fraud because of jealousy. If he does can this affect my application in any way?
If you put together a strong spousal sponsorship application and your application is straight-forward, then anything your ex does shouldn't be a problem.

If there is anything in your profile that makes your spousal sponsorship application more complicated (e.g. short relationship before marrying, issues with status in Canada, something else similar), then it's possible that something your ex tells IRCC could cause them to examine your application more closely to ensure your relationship is genuine.

It's really hard to say one way or the other with so few details. However as I said at the start, assuming you have a straight forward application and strong relationship proof, whatever your ex does shouldn't cause problems.

Meeks101

May 21, 2021
If you put together a strong spousal sponsorship application and your application is straight-forward, then anything your ex does shouldn't be a problem.

If there is anything in your profile that makes your spousal sponsorship application more complicated (e.g. short relationship before marrying, issues with status in Canada, something else similar), then it's possible that something your ex tells IRCC could cause them to examine your application more closely to ensure your relationship is genuine.

It's really hard to say one way or the other with so few details. However as I said at the start, assuming you have a straight forward application and strong relationship proof, whatever your ex does shouldn't cause problems.
Thank you, that is what I thought . I also think he is bluffing because why would he purposely make up a lie . As for my spouse and I relationship we’ve been together fifteen months and live together for a year . I’m not in status and we have not yet submitted our application under public policy. Our relationship is as real as it gets I just wanted to us to be able to sleep well at nights knowing he couldn’t have an effect on our future.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, that is what I thought . I also think he is bluffing because why would he purposely make up a lie . As for my spouse and I relationship we’ve been together fifteen months and live together for a year . I’m not in status and we have not yet submitted our application under public policy. Our relationship is as real as it gets I just wanted to us to be able to sleep well at nights knowing he couldn’t have an effect on our future.
It sounds like you should be fine.

Although I don't know which public policy you're referring to with regards to spousal sponsorship. I don't believe there's been any public policy issues for spousal sponsorship.

Reactions: Meeks101

Meeks101

May 21, 2021

Although I don't know which public policy you're referring to with regards to spousal sponsorship. I don't believe there's been any public policy issues for spousal sponsorship.
Public policy I believe is a form of spousal sponsorship aimed at couples who one party has been out of status in Canada. The public policy allows you to apply inland while being out of status I believe.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019

She is talking about the 60 deferral of removal from cbsa because she is out of statue, so if cbsa caught on to her if she have a spousal application in they will give her a 60 days deferred of removal which is call public policy so if the 60 day pass and ircc don't make a decision on her application, they can tell her she will have to leave the country

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general there is more scrutiny of sponsorship if one partner is out of status for valid reasons because there are some people who do enter into marriages of convenience. There are many sponsorships where one partner is out of status that are approved so definitely not impossible.

A girl

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
I do not have a clue, I believe he’ll probably say our spousal is not genuine. I left him for a Canadian guy because he cheated( he’s from Saudi on work permit) and he’s mad about it.
Sis i wish you all the luck away from this Saudi tho they’re out of countrol
Stay safe and strong!
you’ll be fine as long as your app is storng
And if IRCC ask you any more info you than have to expline it thats all

• Haha
Reactions: esam99

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
i dont think he can cause any damage honestly, even if he sends emails to ircc, i dont think it'd matter,
just dont share any application/uci numbers with him

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She is talking about the 60 deferral of removal from cbsa because she is out of statue, so if cbsa caught on to her if she have a spousal application in they will give her a 60 days deferred of removal which is call public policy so if the 60 day pass and ircc don't make a decision on her application, they can tell her she will have to leave the country
Ah - got it. Makes sense. I thought she was referring to the spousal sponsorship process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Public policy I believe is a form of spousal sponsorship aimed at couples who one party has been out of status in Canada. The public policy allows you to apply inland while being out of status I believe.
It's always been possible to apply inland while out of status. There's nothing stopping you from doing that.

Reactions: YVR123