+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen but i am originally from Bangladesh. I have applied for my husband who is a Bangladeshi citizen. We got married in January 2018 and it is my second marriage. I have 2 kids from my previous marriage but my kids are residing with their father in UK.
July 2018 I came back to Canada from bangladesh.
My current husband is 10 years younger than me. This is an arranged marriage. One of my uncle introduced both of us. The moment we met we just connected. We both feel like we are just made for each other.
Even though we have a huge age gap we both are in so much love with each other. We both have same interests and goals.
I have applied in September 2019. We have provided enough evidences to proof that our marriage is genuine.
January 2020 i went to Bangladesh to see him. This was my first visit to Bangladesh after I got married to him. February 2020 we received an email for his medical examination. Before medical he was asked to do his biometric which he did. In March 2020 he did his medical examination. I lived with my husband from January 2020 to August 2020.
Now since his medical examination we haven't heard or received any emails from CIC about what's happening or updates on the application. Last month after so much of waiting I sent an email to Singapore saying that his medical will expire on March 2021 and asking for updates on the application. I got an email back saying that his file is on pending for to be interviewed. Once the cic schedule a date they will email us 4 weeks before the interview date.
I know our case is not a straight forward case. I would like to know how long can it take for the cic to schedule an interview date and what are the questions my husband can face if he gets interviewed? We are really scared. Please please help us. Thank you.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
It's a huge red flag to them that you did not visit or spend any time together in the 2 years (!!) after your marriage. I would be prepared to have a very good reason for this.

How much time have you physically spent with each other since marriage?

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
We did spent time together after our marriage. I visited him in January 2020 and came back to Canada in August 2020 so I was with him for 7 months.

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
It's a huge red flag to them that you did not visit or spend any time together in the 2 years (!!) after your marriage. I would be prepared to have a very good reason for this.

How much time have you physically spent with each other since marriage?
We did spent time together after our marriage. I visited him in January 2020 and came back to Canada in August 2020 so I was with him for 7 months.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
There are people that have been waiting 1+ years for an interview because they have pretty much suspended all interviews and even though they said they will do them via webcam most visa offices have not.

Dilsharan

Jan 14, 2021
Omg we applied in 2019 oct and it’s almost 16 months now how long more we have to wait this is getting very stressing now as in this situation we should let stay with our loved one

Maisha13

Mar 5, 2021
Hi. I am a Canadian citizen but i am originally from Bangladesh. I have applied for my husband who is a Bangladeshi citizen. We got married in January 2018 and it is my second marriage. I have 2 kids from my previous marriage but my kids are residing with their father in UK.
July 2018 I came back to Canada from bangladesh.
My current husband is 10 years younger than me. This is an arranged marriage. One of my uncle introduced both of us. The moment we met we just connected. We both feel like we are just made for each other.
Even though we have a huge age gap we both are in so much love with each other. We both have same interests and goals.
I have applied in September 2019. We have provided enough evidences to proof that our marriage is genuine.
January 2020 i went to Bangladesh to see him. This was my first visit to Bangladesh after I got married to him. February 2020 we received an email for his medical examination. Before medical he was asked to do his biometric which he did. In March 2020 he did his medical examination. I lived with my husband from January 2020 to August 2020.
Now since his medical examination we haven't heard or received any emails from CIC about what's happening or updates on the application. Last month after so much of waiting I sent an email to Singapore saying that his medical will expire on March 2021 and asking for updates on the application. I got an email back saying that his file is on pending for to be interviewed. Once the cic schedule a date they will email us 4 weeks before the interview date.
I know our case is not a straight forward case. I would like to know how long can it take for the cic to schedule an interview date and what are the questions my husband can face if he gets interviewed? We are really scared. Please please help us. Thank you.
Have you got any interview date?