+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

etheldoncillo

Dec 7, 2019
My husband applied for a family sponsorship visa last March 2020 and when i checked online the status is Decision Made but we he did not received any email.
On the other hand i received an email asking for my biometrics which was complied and i have a case number as well.
My question is do u think my husband is approved as a sponsor since he didnt received email confirmation?
Thanks a lot for the reply. Keep safe

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband applied for a family sponsorship visa last March 2020 and when i checked online the status is Decision Made but we he did not received any email.
On the other hand i received an email asking for my biometrics which was complied and i have a case number as well.
My question is do u think my husband is approved as a sponsor since he didnt received email confirmation?
Thanks a lot for the reply. Keep safe
How long ago did you get the biometric and see the decision made?

In short, yes, it probably means he was approved as sponsor. It used to be that the sponsor approval email would usually come before the bio request. Lately it seems that this has been less consistent. Perhaps just delayed or misscheduled, so you may get soon, but truth is, don't really know for sure.

Note if you already have biometrics from a previous TRV or other application, you may not have to give biometrics - recent announcement by government to accept the previously given biometrics.

etheldoncillo

Dec 7, 2019
How long ago did you get the biometric and see the decision made?

In short, yes, it probably means he was approved as sponsor. It used to be that the sponsor approval email would usually come before the bio request. Lately it seems that this has been less consistent. Perhaps just delayed or misscheduled, so you may get soon, but truth is, don't really know for sure.

Note if you already have biometrics from a previous TRV or other application, you may not have to give biometrics - recent announcement by government to accept the previously given biometrics.
Hi thanks for the reply. Last Saturday i received an email asking for Biometrics then i check as well online the status its decision made but no emails from my husband. Its my 1st time giving biometrics to them. So we are both kinda worried at the same excited coz my husband is under disability right now so we have a little chance of approval coz he is not working for a year or 2 now. Just now when i got an email for biometrics we r kinda asking each other f are we in or what lol

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi thanks for the reply. Last Saturday i received an email asking for Biometrics then i check as well online the status its decision made but no emails from my husband. Its my 1st time giving biometrics to them. So we are both kinda worried at the same excited coz my husband is under disability right now so we have a little chance of approval coz he is not working for a year or 2 now. Just now when i got an email for biometrics we r kinda asking each other f are we in or what lol
Sorry, I wouldn't have any more knowledge than what you have. As far as I'm aware some disability payments are not considered social assistance but honestly don't know.

It's a bit hard to compare as I think the majority of sponsorship applications for spouses are approved - and the remaining ones (from limited experience) are more obvious cases or reasons the sponsor is not approved (criminality, clear cases of social assistance, PR-sponsor not actually residing in Canada, etc). For you to understand you may be best to order GCMS notes or consult with someone you can share the details of your case and what is considered social assistance (which I think also varies by province).

So unfortunately would not assume the sponsor approval is done.

etheldoncillo

Dec 7, 2019
Sorry, I wouldn't have any more knowledge than what you have. As far as I'm aware some disability payments are not considered social assistance but honestly don't know.

It's a bit hard to compare as I think the majority of sponsorship applications for spouses are approved - and the remaining ones (from limited experience) are more obvious cases or reasons the sponsor is not approved (criminality, clear cases of social assistance, PR-sponsor not actually residing in Canada, etc). For you to understand you may be best to order GCMS notes or consult with someone you can share the details of your case and what is considered social assistance (which I think also varies by province).

So unfortunately would not assume the sponsor approval is done.
Hi thanks a lot for the time. Yeah i understand that y we are worried at the same time. Anyway we are hoping for the best as we are ldr for almost 7 years now. Thanks again n be safe.