+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

umyla2

Apr 18, 2017
Hello All

I have a question about spousal sponsorship. I am a PR and was wondering if I sponsor my spouse who is living outside canada, can she come and live or work with me while the PR application is in process. ( I heard it takes about 12 months )

Is there any fiancé visa or a bridging visa that I can apply to come live with me and work while the PR in progress?

Thanks in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If she is able to get a tourist visa to come to Canada, she can apply to be sponsored from inside Canada and also apply for a work permit. Those may take 3-9 months to be issued.

Reactions: umyla2

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Only inland spousal sponsorship applicantant can apply for an OWP (open work permit).
so yes. if she can get a tourist visa or eTA (if she doesn't need a visa to get into Canada), then apply inland and you can get an OWP (the time line was 4 months before COVID, not sure how long it will take to get the OWP now)
There is no bridging visa or fiance visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All

I have a question about spousal sponsorship. I am a PR and was wondering if I sponsor my spouse who is living outside canada, can she come and live or work with me while the PR application is in process. ( I heard it takes about 12 months )

Is there any fiancé visa or a bridging visa that I can apply to come live with me and work while the PR in progress?

Thanks in advance.
Really depends if she is able to secure a TRV. She should try before she gets married since it will be much harder after you are married. She will need to strong ties to her Home country like well paying longterm job, have previous international travel history to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc. , have her own savings, property in her name would help, etc.