+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi,
I’ve submitted my application in july 2019 for spousal sponsorship as a principal applicant. I done my medical and given biometric already. I got a mail from Cic that my application is send to my home country visa office on November 5. Could anyone tell me how long they will take make decision on my application. Your comments a lot to me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I’ve submitted my application in july 2019 for spousal sponsorship as a principal applicant. I done my medical and given biometric already. I got a mail from Cic that my application is send to my home country visa office on November 5. Could anyone tell me how long they will take make decision on my application. Your comments a lot to me.
It could take a year to complete the process but every case is different, so nobody can give you a definitive answer.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
It could take a year to complete the process but every case is different, so nobody can give you a definitive answer.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion, but I guess everything is done now in my application. Are the still gonna take one year to make the decision

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for your valuable suggestion, but I guess everything is done now in my application. Are the still gonna take one year to make the decision
Many cases take a lot less than a year, while some take longer. Really all you can do is wait.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Also just because you can see that your medical and biometrics have been completed doesn't necessarily mean "everything" is done.

There are eligibility, security, and background checks that have to be done and usually take a few months. This is work the IRCC or local visa office does that we have no input to unless we are asked for additional documents.

As Zardoz said you just have to wait.

nkansal

Nov 7, 2019
Hi,
Mine is a ditto case as yours. We got an email yesterday saying that my application has been forwarded to New Delhi visa office for further processing. My medical and biometrics was also completed few days ago.

Reactions: Faraz Khan

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Also just because you can see that your medical and biometrics have been completed doesn't necessarily mean "everything" is done.

There are eligibility, security, and background checks that have to be done and usually take a few months. This is work the IRCC or local visa office does that we have no input to unless we are asked for additional documents.

As Zardoz said you just have to wait.
Thank you for the response but I would like to add that they sent an email to my spouse that she’s eligible to sponsor me on October 2, 2019

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Mine is a ditto case as yours. We got an email yesterday saying that my application has been forwarded to New Delhi visa office for further processing. My medical and biometrics was also completed few days ago.
Did you receive Aor and when did you submit yours application.

Reactions: nkansal

nkansal

Nov 7, 2019
Did you receive Aor and when did you submit yours application.
Thanks a lot for replying.

What is AOR, I submitted my application in Aug. My soospon got the confirmation email on Oct 12. Then, on Oct 22, I got am email for medical examination and to submit biometric fee. I have done both of these. T

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the response but I would like to add that they sent an email to my spouse that she’s eligible to sponsor me on October 2, 2019
Yes, sponsor eligibility is one of the first things that are determined. The eligibility check I referred to is your eligibility as PA to become a permanent resident of Canada... completely different but a necessary part of the process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Things see to go very quickly at the beginning so people expect to get approved faster than a year. There is still a lot of work to do that also involves waiting for other governments to respond. Plan for 1 year.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019

What is AOR, I submitted my application in Aug. My soospon got the confirmation email on Oct 12. Then, on Oct 22, I got am email for medical examination and to submit biometric fee. I have done both of these. T
AOR is basically a receipt of acknowledgement you get when they receive your application so that you can link your paper application to online gc key account. I’ve not received it yet too. Btw

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Things see to go very quickly at the beginning so people expect to get approved faster than a year. There is still a lot of work to do that also involves waiting for other governments to respond. Plan for 1 year.
Any idea when they’ll make the decision on my application, I meant how long they I’ve to wait from here?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Any idea when they’ll make the decision on my application, I meant how long they I’ve to wait from here?
I would plan for another 6-7 months at least, but nobody here will be able to tell you for sure. As people have said to you many times, plan for the whole process to take 1 full year...

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
When she was eligible as a spon

when she is eligible as a sponsor after you’ve submitted your application. Did she get a mail regarding that she’s eligible to sponsor you?