+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MfmGodskid

Feb 2, 2019
Hi there please I will appreciate help for clarity about my application
I started my application September 2017 by Dec 2018 I was asked to my medicals and I sent ,and also police report,I have a dependent also included in the application. My husband is my sponsor in Canada and I am based in Nigeria
I was asked to attend an interview at Accra Ghana in October 2018 .
The interview was quite lengthy and tough demanding so many dates I took for granted and did not store about my marriage
They asked for more pictures and email conversations,I gave them all including out passports,after the interview the official was very nice and said he understood that it must have been difficult trying to remember the dates and others I said yes.
He said he needed time to make a decision that they will get back to me in two weeks,while on my way I got a message to about sending another police report and a background to fill to upload my police report and also another letter for questions about contacting client services to help with how to settle in Canada
Up till now I have not been contacted please can anyone tell me what all this means
I also paid the processing fee which was a requirement also before the interview,they said would be refunded,if Visa not granted, I pray would not happen
I know the application now is within 12 months mine is over 12 months,my medicals has expired. It's so hard not knowing anything,please help me explain what might be the situation
I forgot to ask i wasI was also told to fill background check form for education ,work and were I had lived since 18yrs. I realized i had left some gaps the officer even told me that he had more clarity after going through my new form that the old form I had filled had gaps. Is this why it's being delayed

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
most sponsorship are processed within 12 months.....but give IRCC some time to process and update the additional information you had provided...the situation will be resolved.....patience

akua08

Feb 3, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
accra
hello there,
my sister i know what you going through. but i will encourage you to stay calm. ok so from what you wrote, have you uploaded the police and background information as requested when you received the second message after the interview. if so then you ask your husband to follow these steps below. i find out that apart from the online update, you can know all the officers notes pertaining your application. i dont know the exact link, just type how to make a request under the access to information act on google search. open Access to Information and Privacy Online Request - ATIP this site will send straight to CIC . click on apply
How to make a request under the Access to Information Act
Updated May 29, 2017
We are receiving more requests than usual. We may not be able to meet our service standards.

Send a request to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Access to Information Act (ATI) to:

• Get information about IRCC
  • Get information that would have been created by IRCC
  • Get personal information submitted by a representative, where the client (with their consent) is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or here in Canada.
The fee for requests under the Access to information Act is $5.00.

To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.

MfmGodskid

Feb 2, 2019
Hello good morning,I got an email from IRCC about a progress bar concerning my application. I think more to know when the estimated time for completion was due.
And I went to my account to check I was told my application had been received 4th Aug 2017 and it was due to have been completed by 4th Aug 2018. I know sending an email to Ghana will not do me any good because I did and got an automated response
I told my husband to give them a call but I don't know if he will get proper clarification from them on the phone.
Please can someone who has experienced this be of help to me. Thank you