+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
Hi,

Im a PR and my husband is in his open work permit in canada. His work permit is expiring in novemeber 2018.
So can i apply for his bridging work permit along with the PR application ? Are bridging work permits allowed for applicants applying under the spousal sponsorship program ?

Please advise.
Thanks,
edinera.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Im a PR and my husband is in his open work permit in canada. His work permit is expiring in novemeber 2018.
So can i apply for his bridging work permit along with the PR application ? Are bridging work permits allowed for applicants applying under the spousal sponsorship program ?

Please advise.
Thanks,
edinera.
No - BOWPs are not allowed under spousal sponsorship. You would apply for an OWP provided you are sponsoring him inland. Both are open work permits.

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
No - BOWPs are not allowed under spousal sponsorship. You would apply for an OWP provided you are sponsoring him inland. Both are open work permits.
He is in canada and hence we applied for inland sponsorship. He did his masters here and he had his open work permit for 3 years that is soon expiring. In the application checklist, there was an item asking if work permit application was included. So I checked in that and kept an open work permit extension application along with the PR application and sent it to CPC-Mississauga.

Please advise if what i did was ok or wrong ! Im confused if this case would be treated as a bridging work permit or an OWP extension ?