+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

ssingh57

Jul 6, 2018
Hello All,

I need some information regarding spousal sponsorship. I have submitted the spousal sponsorship application on 5-April-2018 I received the AOR 1 on 15-May-2018 since then I have not received Anything.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Sponsorship follow these steps (the order may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC CPC
  2. IRCC CPC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
How long it takes to complete processing of.spousal sponsorship application varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis......will advice you assume processing takes 12months to complete.......to help reduce the waiting stress......relax.......its a wait game.

Dillpickle26

Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help.
I am hoping to apply for a common law sponsorship for my boyfriend (from the Bahamas).
I am currently living in the Bahamas with him, but really itching to get back to canada.
I do not have a job or any money of my own, and rely on my parents (I’m very lucky for that).
So what i want to know is.. since i cannot provide for my boyfriend financially (Even though he has his own money), am i able to get a letter or some document stating that my mother will help him financially IF he would need it???
If not, i don’t know how else i could get this sponsorship
PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some help.
I am hoping to apply for a common law sponsorship for my boyfriend (from the Bahamas).
I am currently living in the Bahamas with him, but really itching to get back to canada.
I do not have a job or any money of my own, and rely on my parents (I’m very lucky for that).
So what i want to know is.. since i cannot provide for my boyfriend financially (Even though he has his own money), am i able to get a letter or some document stating that my mother will help him financially IF he would need it???
If not, i don’t know how else i could get this sponsorship
PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Don't bump others post.......

Refer.......Common-law partner sponsorship checklist………Part B…..Supporting Documents for Sponsor……5…Employment/Source of Income.....if you are not working in Canada.

ssingh57

Jul 6, 2018
Most straight forward Outland Sponsorship follow these steps (the order may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC CPC
  2. IRCC CPC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
How long it takes to complete processing of.spousal sponsorship application varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis......will advice you assume processing takes 12months to complete.......to help reduce the waiting stress......relax.......its a wait game.
Thanks sir
But my concern is I received AOR1 . Schedule A and Pcc was submitted upfront.
AOR 1 was received on 15 may 2018. After that I have not received anything.
I mean no medical request nothing.
Is this normal?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Its normal not to hear from IRCC for months until the step in the process........its only been 2 months since you applied........time to complete processing is on a case basis......will advice you assume the process completion time is 12months.......which will help reduce the waiting stress.......please relax.......your application is been processed.

For quick application status check...
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

ssingh57

Jul 6, 2018
Thanks again
I am very worried as i send my application on 30-Mar-2018 was received on 2-April 2018.
AOR 1 Received on 15 - May- 2018
And after that nothing no letter for sponsor approval and no medical request.
It is close to 4 months now since the day they received.
Want to know is this normal?
What can I do it looks like my application is stuck somewhere?
Any thoughts

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Your application is not stuck somewhere......your application goes through many steps that take months before final completion.

Your application process Start Date is 15-May-2018 - AOR (and not 2-April-2018)..........within 2 months, you likely will have the 1st part (i.e., Sponsor eligibility to Sponsor) Approved.

Check the status in ECAS.......it should status as "in-process"......your application is been processed.......relax..........its a wait game.

application status check...
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

ssingh57

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you again

ok got it. but question is I have not received the 1 part I mean sponsor Approval letter. Is this normal to take that long as on the spreadsheets people gets it within Days of AOR 1 and mine is almost 2 months?

And the status on ECAS is "in- process"

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
your application is been processed.......relax.....you will soon get Sponsor Approval letter........applications are processed on a case basis......you are unnecessary too worried.......the process takes months to finally complete.......please relax.........its a wait game.

Last edited:

ssingh57

Jul 6, 2018
your application is been processed.......relax.....you will soon get Sponsor Approval letter........applications are processed on a case basis......you are unnecessary too worried.......the process takes months to finally complete.......please relax.........its a wait game.
Thanks for reply that’s helpful