+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
My wife is Canadian, and I am currently having my application for permanent residence processed. We just got our AOR after submitting our application in early August. We are in the USA and hoping to move to Canada later this year.

We have a 14 year old daughter who qualifies for citizenship by descent (from my wife), and we submitted an application for her citizenship certificate around the same time as my permanent residency application.

We've received no word on her application, and from what I can gather, the application are moving very slowly for the citizenship certificates even though they are supposed to take 5 months to process according to IRCC.

If I haven't received my daughter's citizenship certificate, can she still move there (she's American also) when I receive my COPR?

Thanks!

Qasi23

Jun 7, 2020
Hello everyone. sponsor and applicant both are in Pakistan, sponsor is canadian citizen by birth. I applied for sponsorship in July. I got SA and file moved to London visa office. But I know they are going to ask for adr. New pcc since the old one expired and more proof of intend to move back to canada. I need suggestions for intend to move back. There's a slight issue in my PCC. Marriage date/ rukhsati date is 12-11-2012 so my time period should start from this date but pcc has 11-11-12 which is my nikkah date but I didn't start living at this address on 11. My first day there was 12. What should I do? Get my pcc made like before or get it fixed? How do I explain this to lvo? Is it going to cause any problems?

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
I am a PR and recently traveled to my home country to get married. Now I'm back in Canada and would like to apply for my spouse. I have a few questions:

1. As a sponsor I have to submit all the documents to the Case Processing Centre from inside Canada, right?
2. If the above answer is yes, then my spouse back in my home country needs to sign the necessary forms and send all the documents to me here in Canada via DHL, FedEx etc, right?
3. Does the address have to match in my and my spouse's passport?
4. My spouse is going to apply for her first passport, so she will have my name in the spouse's section. Can that be used as one of the pieces of evidence to prove our relationship?
5. My passport is going to expire, so I will also have it renewed and will add my wife's name in my passport. That can be used as evidence as well, right?
6. Should the applicant's birth certificate be notarized?
7. Should our marriage certificate be notarized?
8. I can provide our wedding pictures, photos from our honeymoon and other places, messenger conversations, social media posts, life event posts showing my friends and families' acknowledgment of our marriage. Are these enough as proofs?
9. My spouse still lives in her parent's house, is that a problem since I am here in Canada?
10. Since I don't have any employment or insurance benefit document with my spouse's name on it, or no documents for financial support and we did not live in the past, as we just got married 3 weeks ago, do I need to provide any documents for this section?

It will be really helpful if someone can answer these questions. Thanks

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
You should Get your checklist, forms and instructions here https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Check your country-specific requirements . There are some specific requirements from country of your spouse.
For marriages that take place outside Canada, the applicant would need to provide a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place.

I am a PR and recently traveled to my home country to get married. Now I'm back in Canada and would like to apply for my spouse. I have a few questions:

1. As a sponsor I have to submit all the documents to the Case Processing Centre from inside Canada, right?
2. If the above answer is yes, then my spouse back in my home country needs to sign the necessary forms and send all the documents to me here in Canada via DHL, FedEx etc, right?
4. My spouse is going to apply for her first passport, so she will have my name in the spouse's section. Can that be used as one of the pieces of evidence to prove our relationship?
5. My passport is going to expire, so I will also have it renewed and will add my wife's name in my passport. That can be used as evidence as well, right?
8. I can provide our wedding pictures, photos from our honeymoon and other places, messenger conversations, social media posts, life event posts showing my friends and families' acknowledgment of our marriage. Are these enough as proofs?
9. My spouse still lives in her parent's house, is that a problem since I am here in Canada?
10. Since I don't have any employment or insurance benefit document with my spouse's name on it, or no documents for financial support and we did not live in the past, as we just got married 3 weeks ago, do I need to provide any documents for this section?

Reactions: rrss13

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
You should Get your checklist, forms and instructions here https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Check your country-specific requirements . There are some specific requirements from country of your spouse.
For marriages that take place outside Canada, the applicant would need to provide a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place.
Hello, thanks for your response. I have already reviewed the checklist. Upon my review, I have the above queries. If you can answer them, that will be really helpful. Thanks

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017

My advise is to hire a lawyer , he will be having enough time ( for fees) to answer all your queries.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello, thanks for your response. I have already reviewed the checklist. Upon my review, I have the above queries. If you can answer them, that will be really helpful. Thanks
When you said you reviewed that, but you still have those question . You need read it again, may be you have more specific question.
Q1 , 2, 6,7,8,10 you find all in their instructions, nothing need to be confirmed. When you can't provide whatever they ask they have mentioned in checklist- write explanation. Enough or not, ask yourself if you can have more or you already have all what you have.
Q3. Depends on Where are you from? Who can have your answer?

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
I only can provide number 3 from the below list. Is it okay to just write an explanation letter given that I just got married recently in my home country? Or has anyone submitted any other documents with the explanation letter who was in a similar situation?

Simar007_

Jan 4, 2021
hello everyone
I am from india, my husband is PR in canada and he applied for my immigration on outland basis in september, so far from sept no one has received the AOR. I just want to if someone have some info regarding by what time they will start processing sept files
I have applied in August and no acknowledgement so far
Did you receive now ??

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. 4. 5. It must be a country specific requirement where you are from, in Canada we don't have an address in our passport.
6. The checklist will specify if it does, if it doesn't specify then it doesn't.
7. Same as Q6.
8. Hard to say, provide everything you have, it will be up to the officer handling your case. If they need more they will ask.
9. No

Reactions: leomessi1

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. 4. 5. It must be a country specific requirement where you are from, in Canada we don't have an address in our passport.
6. The checklist will specify if it does, if it doesn't specify then it doesn't.
7. Same as Q6.
8. Hard to say, provide everything you have, it will be up to the officer handling your case. If they need more they will ask.
9. No
Thank you so much. Really appreciate your response.

Reactions: Canada2020eh