+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kam1982

Feb 12, 2011
Now I'm a bit confused. Based on the Document Checklist, i don't have to fill out the IMM 5481, because i'm a Quebec resident.

Hence my question: do I submit IMM forms that are not applicable to our case and write "NOT APPLICABLE" on them and submit them with my application?
In some cases, they are not applicable because of i'm a quebec resident and other such as not using a representative...

We are both outside of Canada at the moment. Submitting an outland application, and we will both return to Quebec. To my understanding these forms are not applicable to us:

IMM 1344B
IMM 5481
IMM 1283
IMM 5476
IMM 5409
IMM 1000 (submitting passport details)
IMM 5292 (submitting passport details)

option c print out - according to checklist, quebec residents need to skip to # 21. But I have made a request and am waiting for Option C.

Thanks Baloo

leelovesjenny

Feb 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 13 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 09 2011
Med's Done....
Nov. 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb. 15 2011
VISA ISSUED...
i dont know when
LANDED..........
soon
Hello there, i hope you enlighten me about my case, im a FSW 2009. Applied my husband December 2010 Passport request March 1, 2011 im just wondering do i need to pay the 490CAD RPRF? since my husband had PPR already? i paid only 550CAD for the initial spousal sponsorship, do they still request me to pay 490CAD since PPR already? the letter states that only submit form A and PPR. im getting confused. some told me it slows down the process and PPR is first requested before RPRF, some says no coz im a sponsor landed immigrant. HELP please.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kam1982 said:
Now I'm a bit confused. Based on the Document Checklist, i don't have to fill out the IMM 5481, because i'm a Quebec resident.
My apologies, I did not note the Quebec context.

I would write "not applicable" on the checklist on any item that does not apply and not include the related form.

If you feel safer writing "Not applicable" on the forms that do not apply, then do so. The VO will likely dispose of them.

The basic idea is to make sure the VO has an answer. Blank fields (and to my mind, blank forms) may leave the impression that you forgot to reply.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leelovesjenny said:
Hello there, i hope you enlighten me about my case, im a FSW 2009. Applied my husband December 2010 Passport request March 1, 2011 im just wondering do i need to pay the 490CAD RPRF? since my husband had PPR already? i paid only 550CAD for the initial spousal sponsorship, do they still request me to pay 490CAD since PPR already? the letter states that only submit form A and PPR. im getting confused. some told me it slows down the process and PPR is first requested before RPRF, some says no coz im a sponsor landed immigrant. HELP please.
Yes, someone must pay the RFPR fee for your husband. Those who are telling you that the RFPR fee doesn't need to be paid do not know what they are talking about. If the application is being processed in India, PPR happens very quickly in the process before a final decision has been made. You may want to wait until they request RFPR, which they will if they decide to approve your husband's application for PR.

hilu75

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
please advice in this case:

I want to sponsor my wife, I live exclusively outside Canada since 5 years ago. My wife and our daugter (already Canadian) live with me. I am a naturalized Canadian ,lived in Canada for three years before I became canadian zitezen, I was not wroking during that time, but never applied for any assisment form goverment. however, I am working now outside Canada ,and my work is good and I have good income and good experince. I have asked my current employer to give me a letter shows my job function and income. we are planning to go back canada once my wife accepted as an immigrant.

I need to know if my case is normal or weak as I have prepared everything and filled all the required forms and ready to send the application. please, let me know what other things (something reasonable) that will make my application more stronger.

thx
Firas

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most importantly you need to prove that your relationship with your wife is genuine.

Since you are not in Canada, you also need to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when she gets her PR. That could be having a job offer, having been accepted to a college, having arranged housing. Even a letter from relatives saying you can stay with them is better than nothing or at least some plans regarding where you are planning on living and why, what kind of jobs you think you can get there etc.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
HI leon. my question is can i apply for a student visa and have it granted even if my husband lives in canada??? ihave been accepted and issued an acceptance letter to canada school, my husband is a citizen and live there.. Is tht a problem? thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanika, it is likely that you will be considered a risk to overstay if you have a Canadian husband. Can he sponsor you for PR? If he does, you will pay a lot less in college fees.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
ok thanks but can he sponsor me before i apply or after i get in canada in order to continue studying?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either one. You can try the student visa. If you don't get it, you have to wait for sponsorship. If you get it, go to Canada and he can sponsor you later.

leelovesjenny

Feb 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 13 2010
AOR Received.
Jan. 09 2011
Med's Done....
Nov. 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb. 15 2011
VISA ISSUED...
i dont know when
LANDED..........
soon
rjjesome thank you so much il pay the RPRF asap.

sanika

Oct 14, 2010
hi Leon... i have another question. im working in a good company here in my country, the company is not registered yet , i mean they dont have their licence yet but its in process. ill take a job letter from them, is that okay to take that letter to the embassy? because working here is a tie that i have in my country that will prove them i will be coming back. is that okay, they wont give me no problem? thanks again

daljitsydney

Feb 2, 2011
Hi Friends,
I was reading this topic and found that i can get the Information about my Case.I am visting India now as i am Indian Citizen and living In Australia on Temporary Residance untill dec 2011.I have got married with a canadian PR girl from tronto.I have alrdeay applied for my police clrearnce And done with court marriage.My wife is going back to canada in next 2 weeks and she is planning to apply when she will reach canada.I am working in sydney and dont want to stay free in india for the process time and going back to sydney and will start my job.My question is can i send my medical from sydney to delhi as our visa office will be Delhi.And what documents my wife need to attach with application.Plz reply...Thanks

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey

form IMM5002 In-Canada permenent residance app

In part c of the form where it says family members outside Canada

It says that :

*You must include spouse or common-law partner
*all of your dependent children
*all of the dependent children of your spouse or common-law partner

Do not include family members who are

*Canadian citezens
*Permenent residents

The question is should I include family members like mother,father,brother and sister they are not canadian nor permenent residants and they dont wish to come to Canada ? do they fall under this category?

Appreciate your answers