Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Regarding the Immigrant Medical Exam (IME), can an applicant generally expect it to be nothing more than a single visit to a designated physician who generates a report for CIC, or are there medical factors that can result in a more drawn out process? Even with the Excessive Demand Exemption for spousal applicants, would presentation at the exam with a history of cancer, major depressive illness, or other chronic disease result in a need for additional exams, testing, or reporting? If so, would it be recommended to bring one's electronic medical records, including radiographs, to the IME? I'm not so concerned about being rejected as becoming bogged down in an protracted and potentially expensive process. I will need to schedule my own IME in the coming months. Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yaak said:
Regarding the Immigrant Medical Exam (IME), can an applicant generally expect it to be nothing more than a single visit to a designated physician who generates a report for CIC, or are there medical factors that can result in a more drawn out process? Even with the Excessive Demand Exemption for spousal applicants, would presentation at the exam with a history of cancer, major depressive illness, or other chronic disease result in a need for additional exams, testing, or reporting? If so, would it be recommended to bring one's electronic medical records, including radiographs, to the IME? I'm not so concerned about being rejected as becoming bogged down in an protracted and potentially expensive process. I will need to schedule my own IME in the coming months. Thanks,
Should be one trip unless you have something you can pass on to someone else (e.g. TB, STD).

Yaak

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Salt Spring Island, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA 01-08-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
scylla said:
Should be one trip unless you have something you can pass on to someone else (e.g. TB, STD).
Thanks, scylla. I've a very thick medical file, but none of it is communicable ;)

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

I'm still stress,I keep checking my ecase everyday to see if the CIC received my medical exam and still not updating yet.I don't want to get at this stage and fail,after all those years of waiting .Really stressing :(

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

Well I have few questions regarding spouse sponsorship. Please advice

1- Do I have to show bank balance if Yes then how much?
2- I am currently Employed and I have letter stating my salary $740+
over time per week. Do you think it is sufficient. I am working since
April 2012. The employment letter is Dated Dec 2012, do I need to give
them latest
3- I haven't filled my tax returns since this is my first year and I
am planning to apply in Feb 2013. Don't know how long will it take?
4- How long does it take for the process? I read on CIC website that
it takes min 8months for New delhi and 45 days for sponser.
5- After applying for PR, Can I apply for Temporary Visit visa? I am
planning to apply for her PR in March 2013 and then later apply for
Temporary visit visa in May 2013. My Wife has holidays in May and
June.
6- Also She has completed her Medicals and waiting for PCC. How long
is medical and PCC valid?
7- I read on CIC website that you need to have 22K income to sponsor
one person. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5482E.PDF
8- I am going to attach all my email, letters, and Wedding photos
approx. 200nos for immigration. Do you think is it sufficient?
9- Also Do I need to send any notarized copies of my wife's
educational record like Bachelor's or Master's degree?

Thanking ya'll

Paulo T

Oct 29, 2011
Paulo T said:
Hello again, i'm just missing this answer and my papers are otw, can anyone help with my question?

Hello All

So i have everything ready to send to my wife in canada, so almost there , now just missing one thing i dunno how can be done, so i have a Statutory Declaration from friend in english and the criminal record translated, both have to be notarized, but here is the problem, the paper the notary gives and that certifies the translation and the declaration is in portuguese language, they don't give in english, so i have no way to get that in english...unless i translate the notary certification and then then notarize that translation, but will get again a portuguese certication, but at least will be translated...dunno what to do, do they accept the certification of notary in portuguese, or better do another translation like i said?

Thanks all for the help.
Well decided to translate everything, but don't think is necessary to notarize also the translated certification...dunno, called services and they don't know...so i will just translate, anyway, papers were payed today, sending everything to my wife in canada next week :)

Tks all for help!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
manshriram said:
Hello Seniors,

Well I have few questions regarding spouse sponsorship. Please advice

1- Do I have to show bank balance if Yes then how much?
2- I am currently Employed and I have letter stating my salary $740+
over time per week. Do you think it is sufficient. I am working since
April 2012. The employment letter is Dated Dec 2012, do I need to give
them latest
3- I haven't filled my tax returns since this is my first year and I
am planning to apply in Feb 2013. Don't know how long will it take?
4- How long does it take for the process? I read on CIC website that
it takes min 8months for New delhi and 45 days for sponser.
5- After applying for PR, Can I apply for Temporary Visit visa? I am
planning to apply for her PR in March 2013 and then later apply for
Temporary visit visa in May 2013. My Wife has holidays in May and
June.
6- Also She has completed her Medicals and waiting for PCC. How long
is medical and PCC valid?
7- I read on CIC website that you need to have 22K income to sponsor
one person. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5482E.PDF
8- I am going to attach all my email, letters, and Wedding photos
approx. 200nos for immigration. Do you think is it sufficient?
9- Also Do I need to send any notarized copies of my wife's
educational record like Bachelor's or Master's degree?

Thanking ya'll
Spousal applications do not require minimum income and Sponsor Approval should not be denied based on low or no income alone, as long as you are not receiving social assistance at the time you submit your application. However, for the PR application the VO might evaluate the likelyhood of the applicant (your wife) being provided her basic necessities so she does not become dependent on social assistance. So, showing proof of income or savings is not a bad idea. Also, showing any degrees and work history she may have may help convince CIC that she would be capable of taking care of he basic necessities as well if your income is considered too low. You are, however, required to provide the proof of income listed on the checklist of the application package (option C, other proof of income documents, etc). If you do not have your tax return for 2012 you might just provide your most recent pay stubs. You will have a chance to send the tax returns later if you wish or if CIC requests them. The processing time for each case is different, some cases are quicker and some take longer. The time frames posted on the CIC website is the time that took to finalize 80% of the cases. There is no way to predict how long a case will take with certainty as it all depends on the particular circumstances of the sponsor and the applicant. Yes, she can apply for a visitor's visa before or after the PR application is submitted, just make sure she provides documentation that proves she does not intend to overstay in Canada and she most likely will be fine. Medicals are good for one year but if your application is being processed around the time it is due to expire the VO may or may not decide to grant an extension. So a new one may be requested or not later on. Police certificates/criminal checks are a grey area when it comes to expiration. In some cases CIC will decide to request for updated ones after one year if the application is still being processed. Whatever you have to prove that your relationship is genuine should be used on your application.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
Yaak said:
Yaak said:
Just to share my experience... I had my first Medical Exam way back 2007 as a Temporary Foreign Worker before I went to Canada, had my 2nd on January of 2012 for my spousal application, did my re-medical last mo. January of 2013... I never had any issues with my first and 2nd medical examination, and on my 3rd which is my re-medical I did made two trips to the clinic as they asked for my Annulment Decision and requested for additional blood exam for Hepatitis and anti-TB... they asked me to pay another $80 for this blood test because I had a 3rd ear piercing!!!! something I didn't take from my first two examination. I dunno, they're just money makers.

sam2013

Feb 1, 2013
Hi Guys,
I'm in a situation here now: here's my story,
I applied for the spouse paper work on July 16, 2012.
Received an email on Aug 17, 2012 saying my file is approved and they've forwarded the file to New Delhi.
And it show application in process and medical received on CIC website.
Since then I was waiting as normal position.
Going through the forum I found out that my spouse principal applicant can also get the email, I asked her to check it out it appear her email was hacked and couldn't use it.
On Jan 15 I sent and enquiry about to change my address and email to the high commission and yesterday got the reply they asked me to send the signed copy of it so they can update the fine.
In the same email below there was another mail. We have asked you passport on Oct 17, 2012 we haven't received yet.
Now my question is, I'm from Nepal and I don't have any copy of the passport requested letter other than the short email.
I herd I can send the passport from Nepal through the courier Fedex or DHL but read in some forum u r not allowed to currier passport from India. Meaning as per my understanding Delhi High Commission can't send passport to me.
I went to the VFS Global office here in Kathmandu but they say they need a letter from Delhi high Commission to send the passport.
What should I do now, can I take a risk and send the passport through currier or just wait for the enquiry I've placed yesterday to send me another passport request letter.
Any kind of help will be appreciated & I'd like to ask any guys from Nepal here who has gone through or at least how did they sent the passport to Delhi other than VFS.
Thank You
Sam

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam2013 said:
Hi Guys,
I'm in a situation here now: here's my story,
I applied for the spouse paper work on July 16, 2012.
Received an email on Aug 17, 2012 saying my file is approved and they've forwarded the file to New Delhi.
And it show application in process and medical received on CIC website.
Since then I was waiting as normal position.
Going through the forum I found out that my spouse principal applicant can also get the email, I asked her to check it out it appear her email was hacked and couldn't use it.
On Jan 15 I sent and enquiry about to change my address and email to the high commission and yesterday got the reply they asked me to send the signed copy of it so they can update the fine.
In the same email below there was another mail. We have asked you passport on Oct 17, 2012 we haven't received yet.
Now my question is, I'm from Nepal and I don't have any copy of the passport requested letter other than the short email.
I herd I can send the passport from Nepal through the courier Fedex or DHL but read in some forum u r not allowed to currier passport from India. Meaning as per my understanding Delhi High Commission can't send passport to me.
I went to the VFS Global office here in Kathmandu but they say they need a letter from Delhi high Commission to send the passport.
What should I do now, can I take a risk and send the passport through currier or just wait for the enquiry I've placed yesterday to send me another passport request letter.
Any kind of help will be appreciated & I'd like to ask any guys from Nepal here who has gone through or at least how did they sent the passport to Delhi other than VFS.
Thank You
Sam
Other who had similar situation may answer your inquiry better.

Just a thought: May be you can go to the FedEx or DHL office in Nepal and ask them if you can put a prepaid envelop from India to Nepal which will contain a passport. I am sure they can confirm it by talking to their Delhi office.

earcega

Jan 30, 2013
Just sent in my common law spouse's application to extend his temporary resident extension under dual intent. I included a lengthy list of documents that include:
1. Notarized copy of Spouse's Passport
2. Notarized copy of Sponsored Passport
3. Notarized copy of Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union
4. Copy of Sponsors 2011 T4
5. Copy of Sponsors Most recent paystub
6. Copy of Sponsors confirmation of employment from Corus Entertainment
7. Letter from Sponsors confirming financial support
8. ING Direct Savings Account Statement
9. 5 Letters from family and friends confirming relationship
15. Copy of Spouse's last port of entry document
16. Copy of Official receipt from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming payment of $550 for Common Law Spousal Application
17. List of spouse's family in Ireland
18. Pictures of us
19. Invoice statement from Lawyer confirming payment of fees for Spousal Sponsorship Application

Wish us luck... xoxo

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
I have a question for everyone.
If medical have been completed at New Delhi, India office. How long does it take for "Decision Made."? As, I am sponsoring my wife to Canada. My file was sent to India on Dec 17, 2012.

sam2013

Feb 1, 2013
aks.asr1 said:
Hello Friends,
I have a question for everyone.
If medical have been completed at New Delhi, India office. How long does it take for "Decision Made."? As, I am sponsoring my wife to Canada. My file was sent to India on Dec 17, 2012.
As per my understanding it might take anywhere earliest 4 month to 9 months.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Confirming we have made the right applications to have implied status while applying inland..

His multiple entrance Visa is up March 6 most likely before we get AIP.... We sent OWP and Extend as a visitor with the PR application.. but in a separate envelope stating to only open after granting AIP.. this is still okay? or do we need to send another something?

Thanks!
here is a copy/paste of a search i did on the topic...

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Maintaining a Legal Status During the Process of the Permanent Residence Application

When you are in Canada, you must always keep a legal status until you become a permanent resident. If you do not, you could be removed from Canada. If an immigration document was issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work Permit, Study Permit or a stamp in your passport), this document states for how long you can stay in Canada. Having a legal status means that your document or authorization to stay in Canada is still valid.

You have two options available in order to maintain a legal status in Canada until you become a permanent resident:

1. Depending under which immigration program you apply, you could apply for an extension of your status as a visitor, student or worker, while applying for your permanent resident status. If you choose this option, complete both an application to extend your status and an application for permanent residence and mail them before your current status expires. Be sure to include both applications and all the necessary supporting documents and payment for each application in the same envelope.

If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status.

2. You can apply to extend your status as a visitor, student or worker separately from the application for permanent residence; you must do it before the expiry date of your current status. You may have to extend your status more than once.
The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your family members.

anna35

Jan 24, 2013
anna35 said:
Hi, I just wanna ask if its possible for me to file an spousal visa..I filed my application re:working visa here in philippines last dec.20 and didnt received any reply..Yesterday, my husband who is a skilled worker in canada advised to withdraw my application because after he renew his card as skilled worker, he'll file for spousal visa with dependents..Please help!