+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worththewait2012 said:
Thanks for your reply Leon. His agency should have it all in his file... His passport is also littered with stamps. I am thinking will need to photocopy about 20 of the IMM 5669's to have enough space for his Personal History. I am sure they will love that.

Also... please tell me it is only his living situations that need to be documented and not all of his family members.
The family members are only listed on the additional family members form like mother, father, siblings. No history is needed for them.

batchi

Jan 31, 2012
Hello Leon...

Can you help me please.....My partner now has an LMO and he is married with a filipina but we are living together for almost 9 years. He indicated me to his application as a common law. In the requirements if the principal applicant is in a common law status he should fill-up the Statutory Declaration of Common law, right?.. My question is if he fill-up the Statutory Declaration of Common law there are proofs asking in the application, should he included all the proofs when passing the application to the embassy even if I am not accompanying him coz his work is NOC 7442 which is Level C...Sorry this our first time to apply so we badly need help..

And also my question is there any possible problem if he declares me as common law since we are married but its void and null coz he is married with his 1st wife and our marriage is indicated in the birth certificate of our daughter.Tthe birth certificate of our daughter is one proof of our relationship. The annulment of his first marriage is now on file. Can you help me what should we do coz he had the LMO now and we are planning to file the application...Please it would a great help for us...thank you very much...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
batchi said:
My question is if he fill-up the Statutory Declaration of Common law there are proofs asking in the application, should he included all the proofs when passing the application to the embassy even if I am not accompanying him coz his work is NOC 7442 which is Level C...Sorry this our first time to apply so we badly need help..

And also my question is there any possible problem if he declares me as common law since we are married but its void and null coz he is married with his 1st wife and our marriage is indicated in the birth certificate of our daughter.Tthe birth certificate of our daughter is one proof of our relationship. The annulment of his first marriage is now on file. Can you help me what should we do coz he had the LMO now and we are planning to file the application...Please it would a great help for us...thank you very much...
He is doing good declaring you as a common law and with his proof, it would be good if he told the whole story right away, already married but separated, working on getting an anullment and having been in a relationship with you for many years. Explaining it now makes it easier to explain it again later in case he manages to get PR and needs to include you in his PR application.

Nothing much he can do with skill level C though but possibly he can find another job which is skilled.

batchi

Jan 31, 2012
what if i used my daughters birth cert.as a proof ? since our marriage is indicate in that cert.do you think that it gonna cause me a problem to my application?

batchi

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks Leon. You mean we should provide an affidavit indicating the he is separated from his 1st wife and he is in a relationship with me and he is working on the annulment. Would it be better if we provide an affidavit of abandonment since their son is with him since they separated? Can I ask another question? What if we give the birth certificate of our daugther as a proof would there be any problems since our marriage is indicated on it? how do we explain that we are married and yet he is married on his first wife? what shall we do? thank you so much Leon...Thanks

sylam

Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I'm a bit confused about the procedure, let me explain here:
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Hong Kong now since 1990 and got married. Now I want to apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife, when I first sent the application to address in HK, it was returned and I was advised to send to Mississauga. I did last November and no reply, I then re-send using double registered post in January this year and got reply with the full pacakge returned to me, surprisingly it was the first copy I originally sent in Nov 2011. Anyway, it asked for all kinds of information and additional forms, etc., but I have doubt about the costs of application fee. On the official web site, it said Cdn$75, but the letter was asking me for Cdn$550 to pay in advance in order to go with the application, I'm confused. I sent an email to Cdn office in HK and so far no reply. Pls help.

Simon

lynn_chris

Feb 18, 2012
hi leon just wanna ask you, my fiance and i are been together over a year..we met in hk and after 10 months were dicided to for good in philippines. but life here is so suck..no income for us, so he need to go back in canada and hes working as a motorcycle mechanics now in alberta. since we heard canadian immagration is not issue the fiance visa..so he said he gonna apply me a conjugal visa. hes sent me the application form here to sign it. and we have a lot of proff too. and beside we tried to applied a tourist visa before but the immgration refused my application. do you think we are qualified to apply a conjugal visa? thanks a lot!

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
G.Ysabelle said:
hi tim, i did my best with several attempt to get in touch with my kids but my ex and ex-family in laws refused to cooperate and are unreasonably hostile against me. There's nothing I can do for now but to prioritize my new family (my 2 year old girl and my canadian husband), though I have a pending child custody battle going on. I terribly miss my two boys, the pain is unbearable, writing this message to you in my office behind my corporate desk with tears in my eyes...
G.Ysabelle,
It is the same with my situation how my ex - family brainwashed my youngest daughter, Pain is unbearable that is true and I understand your feeling. It is good for you that you have 2 yrs old baby now. But I know in Gods time the battle will be over and we will be together with our new family. God knows mother will do our best for the good of our children.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Hi, I would like to know if it's ok that my maiden name is reflecting in the police clearance. Our wedding is next month in Canada and I am gathering all the possible requirements I can from the Philippines because we plan to submit the application right after the wedding. Net, I could not get a police clearance reflecting my fiance's surname since technically we're not yet married. Is that ok or should I get another police clearance after we get married and send it over to the Manila Processing Center as additional document? The police clearance that I am getting now is valid for 1 year.

Also, will it be ok to indicate that my husband and I met online but really developed a serious and true relationship with each other. I would like to know if there are folks here who have a similar situation. I know there are people who get married for nothing so I want to make sure that we don't get the same stigma and hopefully the embassy will see this. Any advice?

Thank you very much!

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
My spousal complete documents were received by CPC - Mississauga on Feb 8, 2012 . I sent all the documents as listed on Check list . As for communication we used Email and Skype . I did send them detailed Email folder Screen Shot . Now as for Skype I did not know at that time that we could send screen shot . Is is Okay to send those Skype Screen Shot once we received our AOR with client ID before they transfer documents to local Visa office ?

I would really appreciate if some one can help me on this.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sylam said:
Hi, I'm a bit confused about the procedure, let me explain here:
I'm a Canadian citizen living in Hong Kong now since 1990 and got married. Now I want to apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife, when I first sent the application to address in HK, it was returned and I was advised to send to Mississauga. I did last November and no reply, I then re-send using double registered post in January this year and got reply with the full pacakge returned to me, surprisingly it was the first copy I originally sent in Nov 2011. Anyway, it asked for all kinds of information and additional forms, etc., but I have doubt about the costs of application fee. On the official web site, it said Cdn$75, but the letter was asking me for Cdn$550 to pay in advance in order to go with the application, I'm confused. I sent an email to Cdn office in HK and so far no reply. Pls help.

Simon
yes i think you should go through www.cic.gc.ca
they have all information there and you need to pay $550 at least with application (75 for sponsor+475 for applicant) but i think you should pay right of permanent resident fees also in advance otherwise your application will be delayed for 2 months more. they will ask you to pay RPRF before issuing visa. total fees is $1040. its better to pay before you apply and attach reciept with your application.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
image6000 said:
My spousal complete documents were received by CPC - Mississauga on Feb 8, 2012 . I sent all the documents as listed on Check list . As for communication we used Email and Skype . I did send them detailed Email folder Screen Shot . Now as for Skype I did not know at that time that we could send screen shot . Is is Okay to send those Skype Screen Shot once we received our AOR with client ID before they transfer documents to local Visa office ?

I would really appreciate if some one can help me on this.
yes you have to wait until they request something or you get your UCI. you cannot contact them without UCI and if you will try to send them second packege with your skype records they will return them to you same day. based on my experience. i forgot to put some docs in my packege and sent after 2 days but they sent back and asked me to wait for any request from CIC.
:)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
koala18 said:
Hi, I would like to know if it's ok that my maiden name is reflecting in the police clearance. Our wedding is next month in Canada and I am gathering all the possible requirements I can from the Philippines because we plan to submit the application right after the wedding. Net, I could not get a police clearance reflecting my fiance's surname since technically we're not yet married. Is that ok or should I get another police clearance after we get married and send it over to the Manila Processing Center as additional document? The police clearance that I am getting now is valid for 1 year.

Also, will it be ok to indicate that my husband and I met online but really developed a serious and true relationship with each other. I would like to know if there are folks here who have a similar situation. I know there are people who get married for nothing so I want to make sure that we don't get the same stigma and hopefully the embassy will see this. Any advice?

Thank you very much!
in case of PCC its ok i think you dont need to get new one with your husbands surname because they can see that it was issued before your marriage.
and i think its very common these days to find partner online. we are also in same situation but you should provide lot of information and evidences to prove your relationship genuine. you should provide details of your contact with each other (emails, msn chatting, skype records everything. not all pages but more than enough, photos together and with friends, family(not bedroom photos) airline tickets copy of passport pages with visas, if you visited each other or together, hotel bills, joint account(if you have), joint rental agreement, evidences to prove living together like bills). dont worry just provide everything what you have maybe more than that but dont lie. they are very very cleaver. if you need any other help or information you are always welcome :)

zoey5511

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor approval July 17 2012
Interview........
waived :)
Passport Req..
october 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
nov. 30 2012 (visa rcvd: dec 6, 2012)
LANDED..........
Dec 2012!!!!
hi i want to ask if Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] and Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] forms will be included in our application even we don't have any children and representative?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
zoey5511 said:
hi i want to ask if Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] and Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] forms will be included in our application even we don't have any children and representative?
no you dont need to include those forms as they do not apply to your situation.