+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

M

mikeymyke

Why don't you just check on the official Canadian government website for the info? Or the sticky thread on this page?

Salmazog

Jul 10, 2020
Hey guys I need some info about the spousal Sponsorship... I know the CIC requires a copy of my birth certificate, the problem is, my birth certificate is not in really good condition and it is really difficult for me to get a new one right now because I'm not on my country... I have my citizen ID and my Vote card ID, do you guys think CIC would refuse my application just because my birth certificate looks horrible ?

Thanks!

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys I need some info about the spousal Sponsorship... I know the CIC requires a copy of my birth certificate, the problem is, my birth certificate is not in really good condition and it is really difficult for me to get a new one right now because I'm not on my country... I have my citizen ID and my Vote card ID, do you guys think CIC would refuse my application just because my birth certificate looks horrible ?

Thanks!
My BC was in old, tattered (official) copy that I've had for about 25 years. In spite of all the scotch-taped folds it was legible. They didn't have an issue with it.

Unless the pertinent data is illegible you should be fine.

Hesoyam

Nov 8, 2020
Hello
I have applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife and on her birth certificate her parents name spelled wrong instead for Jasbir singh its jasbeer singh ….rest on all for her documents its written correct . Does it make any problem ?

Lily Mal

Jan 27, 2024
I Received this email from IRCC after getting my PR.

“Our office has received information pertaining to your application which impacts the decision that was made.the permanent resident visa and COPR issued to you have been cancelled and the application had been re-opened for further review”

I am really concerned and have also asked my wife since we are on good terms and she said that this has nothing to do with her. What are the next steps and possible reasons, and will we have to re apply again or appeal. How long is the process. (My pr was still valid and did not expire).

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Yea your wife definitely did some shady stuff behind your back, aint no way you’re getting that without some strong evidence against you.