+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

76Fiddlers

Aug 3, 2012
Hello and greetings to all,

1. My family have had their PRs renewed, after interviewing with the local CIC consulate/office

2. On ‘e-cas', my application shows up as ‘abandoned', as I do not meet the residency requirement and was unable to meet the officer for the interview

3. Now, the course of action, to be with my family, could be:

a) Relinquish my PR and request/apply for a Visit Visa?
b) Have my wife sponsor me (she doesn't meet LICO)

Considering the ‘a' and ‘b' choices, what would be the best route to take?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

76Fiddlers said:
Hello and greetings to all,

1. My family have had their PRs renewed, after interviewing with the local CIC consulate/office

2. On ‘e-cas', my application shows up as ‘abandoned', as I do not meet the residency requirement and was unable to meet the officer for the interview

3. Now, the course of action, to be with my family, could be:

a) Relinquish my PR and request/apply for a Visit Visa?
b) Have my wife sponsor me (she doesn't meet LICO)

Considering the ‘a' and ‘b' choices, what would be the best route to take?
B. Spousal applications don't have to meet the LICO, just have to prove that they won't have to rely on public assistance if their spouse is admitted.

76Fiddlers

Aug 3, 2012
Thanks PMM, most kindly,

> Spousal applications don't have to meet the LICO, just have to prove that they won't have to rely on public assistance if their spouse is admitted <

What needs to be proven and how i.e. through bank holdings/finances or history of employment or...

Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI
76Fiddlers said:
Thanks PMM, most kindly,

> Spousal applications don't have to meet the LICO, just have to prove that they won't have to rely on public assistance if their spouse is admitted <

What needs to be proven and how i.e. through bank holdings/finances or history of employment or...

Regards,
1. Spouse is working, not relying on Social Assistance, that the sponsored spouse has job skills, and language to obtain a job in Canada.