+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship within Canada-file being transferred to Vancouver??? Anyone

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Have you heard anything from Vancouver office yet? I'm in similar situation. My file has been transferred to Vancouver. I had also overstayed my visit to Canada.
Hello Vanguy1970,

I also forgot to mention to you that the reason Vegreville sent the file to Vancouver was of workload redistribution (mentionned in the FOSS notes)

Hope that helps!!!

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks Marbles. I was thinking about requesting FOSS but don't know if it will help me. Did the FOSS tell you why they didn't approve your application in Vegreville? And why they transferred it ? I wanted to start preparing for the interview but don't know what was wrong with my application because like you I have been with my partner for 4 year and married for 1. We sent a lot of proof for the marriage but they still didn't approve. I suspect maybe it was because I don't have legal status in Canada. I'm just worried because there is no appeal process if they deny us .

I will definitely let you know if I get anything. Good luck to you as well!!

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Thanks Marbles. I was thinking about requesting FOSS but don't know if it will help me. Did the FOSS tell you why they didn't approve your application in Vegreville? And why they transferred it ? I wanted to start preparing for the interview but don't know what was wrong with my application because like you I have been with my partner for 4 year and married for 1. We sent a lot of proof for the marriage but they still didn't approve. I suspect maybe it was because I don't have legal status in Canada. I'm just worried because there is no appeal process if they deny us .

I will definitely let you know if I get anything. Good luck to you as well!!
Hi Vanguy1970m

What I can tell you is that the FOSS notes did give us some information. My file was transferred to Vancouver only because of workload distribution and not like I was told by CIC that Vegreville could not take a decision.

As far as you lack of status read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/index.asp

IP 8 Spousal page 54 section 4. You can be out of status as long as the conditions are met....

Hope that helps

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
This is just a guess, but it seems like the Vancouver office processes cases they have in backlog, going by the office's name in CIC's website: Backlog Reduction Office (BRO).

Presumably, once your file has been assessed in Vancouver it should get transferred to Ottawa for final processing.

nitohah

Jun 23, 2012
Hi,

I also on this forum, my file was also transfer to vancouva in june this year just because I send cic a letter that was deliver to their office and sign for but never seen by my case officer and because I have no copy of my passport in my application when we send it; but then I send all that I send again to vancouva and just after two week my file was forward to my local office in Toronto for final decision; all you have to do is get FOSS just as you are told and you will see the reason why your file was transfer.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Just for anyone looking at this thread in the future, one can order the notes for their file via the "Access to Information and Privacy" office at CIC.

Current link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

If you are inside Canada, there is no charge as long as you are requesting your own notes ("privacy act"). Otherwise, someone inside Canada must request the notes for you ("access to information") and there is a $5 charge and you have to give them permission to access your information.

Any time you want to know how your application is being processed, ordering electronic notes is a good idea. The ATIP office will wait for a month to send them to you, so what you see is a month old, but the notes can tell you what is happening with your file.

Note: if you order a physical copy of your file, it will take quite a bit longer and can impact the processing of your file, so in general it's not a good idea.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update on my case, I received a letter today from Ottawa asking me and my spouse for an interview. What they want is additional proof of the marriage ie. shared bills, shared accounts, proof of purchase of household items, another copy of marriage certificate, notice of assessment, lease etc.... before they can accept the AIP.

We have all the proofs but anyone been through this process before?

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Hi. I haven't received my letter for interview but I suspect I will eventually get one ( hopefully sooner than later). I looked for some possible questions to help prepare. And here is what I found on other discussion boards. Others have posted questions they have been asked so look around on here . Good luck and wish you the best !

do you know why you are here?
when was the first contact with your wife?
how did you meet her?
who made the first contact?
what is your wife's name?
what do you call her? (I think this was because in all our emails he calls me val but my full name is valerie)
how old is your wife?
(they asked him my age, then tried to correct him, but he stood his ground and they said "yes but she will be that age in a few months", which is not really true, my birthday's not until the fall. i found that interesting)
when is her birthdate?
where does your wife work?
what does she do there?
she's lived in different countries, what has she done there?
do you know your wife's family members?
what contact have you had with them?
have you travelled together?
where did you travel together?
did you have a honeymoon?
your wife is divorced, right?
it hasn't been very long since you met each other, but you decided she would come and visit you very soon after you first met online (4 months). why so fast? how did that happen?
what happened when she visited the first time?
why were you so rushed to be married? how do you explain that?
your wife is older than you, can you explain that?
(this led into a bit more of a discussion about our age difference and whether we had discussed how it could affect us etc., it was the most nerve-racking part of the interview because it took on a more serious tone but my husband was strong and spoke from the heart with conviction and they accepted his response- this was clearly the biggest concern)
what do your family members do for work (brother, sister, parents)?
what do you do for work?
noticing our receipts for sending money back & forth:
does your wife send you money because you need it?
did you send her money for the same reason?
do you have family in canada?
are you still in contact with them?

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Hi Marbels. Just wondering if your interview went ok? Good news I hope
Hi Vanguy1970,

Still waiting for the interview haven't gone yet..... coming up soon though!!!!

How about you, any news yet?

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Well I ordered my FOSS like you suggested. Thank you btw. In the notes the officer talks about my overstay and age difference between me and my spouse ( I am 15 years younger). I am going to send more proof this week to CiC Vancouver ( more photos, bils,etc.) hopefully they will realize our marriage is genuine as we have been together 3 years.

But I still will have to go to interview I know because of the overstay, as they probably think we got married so I could stay in CAnada( which is not true)

I am very nervous they will focus on the overstay and not our relationship. But still waiting for my interview letter so the torture continues, lol
I wish you all the best in your interview. Please keep in touch as I want to hear good news when you get your AIP :))

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Well I ordered my FOSS like you suggested. Thank you btw. In the notes the officer talks about my overstay and age difference between me and my spouse ( I am 15 years younger). I am going to send more proof this week to CiC Vancouver ( more photos, bils,etc.) hopefully they will realize our marriage is genuine as we have been together 3 years.

But I still will have to go to interview I know because of the overstay, as they probably think we got married so I could stay in CAnada( which is not true)

I am very nervous they will focus on the overstay and not our relationship. But still waiting for my interview letter so the torture continues, lol
I wish you all the best in your interview. Please keep in touch as I want to hear good news when you get your AIP :))
Hmmm, well in mine there was no mention of my overstay. The age difference does not matter if you can prove your relationship is genuine.

Good luck to you and I will keep in touch!!!

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Hi Marbles

Just an update on my application. I finally received letter for interview, so am glad things are at least moving along. Interview is coming up soon. Did you get you AIP approval yet ? Are you into stage 2?

Wish me luck
Vanguy

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Hi Marbles

Just an update on my application. I finally received letter for interview, so am glad things are at least moving along. Interview is coming up soon. Did you get you AIP approval yet ? Are you into stage 2?

Wish me luck
Vanguy
Hi there vanguy,

I am really happy for you and I wish you the best of luck!!!! As for me, I am going for the interview this week.... so should be hearing from them soon after. Please let me know how it goes!!!

Keep in touch!!

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Hey Marbles,
Well my interview isn't until January so I have a bit of a wait. But it's been over a year since I applied. How did your interview go? Do you mind me asking if they asked lots of questions about your overstay or focused on your marriage ? I'm in same situation as you as far as overstay in canada. Hopefully they gave you good news.

All the best
Vanguy