+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship within Canada-file being transferred to Vancouver??? Anyone

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Here is the information concerning my case within Canada (presently living in Canada)

Application received: August 4, 2011

Application processing started: Sept. 26, 2011

AIP: still in process as of today

Received a letter on June 21, 2012 saying your file has been transferred to Vancouver. The Vancouver office will contact you for more information and/or and interview.

My question is: would anyone know why they are transferring my file almost 11 months after the application was received in Vegreville to another local office? Does this mean that there is any problem with the application?

This is really confusing because in December 2011 we received a call from Guatemala saying that they were requested by Vegreville to process my girls who live outside Canada and are not coming to Canada. They needed more information which I provided in early Jan 2012. Then 6 months later, I receive a letter from Vegreville telling me the file has been transferred???

Anyone have any idea what is doing on here???

Tks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

marbles said:
Hello,

Here is the information concerning my case within Canada (presently living in Canada)

Application received: August 4, 2011

Application processing started: Sept. 26, 2011

AIP: still in process as of today

Received a letter on June 21, 2012 saying your file has been transferred to Vancouver. The Vancouver office will contact you for more information and/or and interview.

My question is: would anyone know why they are transferring my file almost 11 months after the application was received in Vegreville to another local office? Does this mean that there is any problem with the application?

This is really confusing because in December 2011 we received a call from Guatemala saying that they were requested by Vegreville to process my girls who live outside Canada and are not coming to Canada. They needed more information which I provided in early Jan 2012. Then 6 months later, I receive a letter from Vegreville telling me the file has been transferred???

Anyone have any idea what is doing on here???

Tks
1. Vegreville processes the first stage of the application. The processing time is shown at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp as 11 months. The second stage processing is done at the local office, and it takes about 8 months. Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored
Status available online

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am worried because the Call Centre told me that the first stage has not been approved yet that they are still processing. I live in Ottawa and they sent the file to Vancouver?

Thank you

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM,

How does this work exactly, will Vegreville send me a letter anytime soon or Vancouver will contact me?

Tks

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
If the application is tranferred to the local office without AIP it means they want an interview, you can request your FOSS notes and find out what's happening with the file.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx said:
If the application is tranferred to the local office without AIP it means they want an interview, you can request your FOSS notes and find out what's happening with the file.
Hello tsjunx,

How does one go about to getting the FOSS notes?

Thanks

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Just got bad news!!! Called CIC call centre to inquire about processing time in Vancouver and why I hadn't received my AIP yet? They informed me that the file was sent to Vancouver for further assessment because they could not make a decision in Vegreville which is obviously bad news. The processing time for Vancouver is 32-40 months. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? This seems absolutely ridiculous the period of waiting :(

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
I don't know about the processing times, my information comes second hand from about 4 years ago. Here's the link to information about FOSS http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes Once you get them back you'll find out why it was transferred it the officer had concerns etc.

Is your case straight forward? is there any red flags that you think would cause the officer to want an interview?

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
I didn't see the part that you live in Ottawa, did you live in Vancouver before?

They have been transferring outland applications to Ottawa so it might be that Vancouver is helping out with in land applications? Not sure... CIC has been doing funny things lately

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx said:
I don't know about the processing times, my information comes second hand from about 4 years ago. Here's the link to information about FOSS http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes Once you get them back you'll find out why it was transferred it the officer had concerns etc.

Is your case straight forward? is there any red flags that you think would cause the officer to want an interview?
Helllo tsjunx,

Well the only thing that could cause problem is the the mother of my children no longer to cooperate with the additional information requested by the Guatemala visa office. I called CIC and asked them what to do in that situation. They asked me if the medical etc... had been done. I told them yes it had but they wanted additional information which I provided. The only thing I could not provide was an additional set of 8 pictures each because now she refuses to have the kids in the process. They also told me to send a letter explaining the situation to Guatemala and send them a cc of the letter.

I cannot think of any other thing because we have been together 3 years, living together for over 2 years and married for one!!!

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx,

No that's the thing I do not live in Vancouver and never have.... I am just wondering how much information does CIC call centre have on your case? Are they just throwing numbers in the air or what!!!! I cannot believe that is will take 32-40 months for someone to even look at the file. :(

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
That is strange, again it could be because of the new Ottawa pilot with outland applications, I would order the FOSS notes and see what's going on.

About the children, one of my close friends is sponsoring her husband and they have the same thing, his ex is not willing to participate but they still got AIP and the file wasn't transferred.

You're the applicant right? Do you have status in Canada? if there's any failed attempt to enter Canada (I'm not saying there is so please don't take it the wrong way I'm just guessing) this could be a red flag for an interview... it's all speculation though, don't really know the details of your case.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx said:
That is strange, again it could be because of the new Ottawa pilot with outland applications, I would order the FOSS notes and see what's going on.

About the children, one of my close friends is sponsoring her husband and they have the same thing, his ex is not willing to participate but they still got AIP and the file wasn't transferred.

You're the applicant right? Do you have status in Canada? if there's any failed attempt to enter Canada (I'm not saying there is so please don't take it the wrong way I'm just guessing) this could be a red flag for an interview... it's all speculation though, don't really know the details of your case.
Hi,

No I'm not taking this the wrong way by any means. Yes I am the applicant and do not have a status in Canada (visitor who over extended his stay). I've been living here for a long time actually...

Vanguy1970

Sep 29, 2012
Have you heard anything from Vancouver office yet? I'm in similar situation. My file has been transferred to Vancouver. I had also overstayed my visit to Canada.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanguy1970 said:
Have you heard anything from Vancouver office yet? I'm in similar situation. My file has been transferred to Vancouver. I had also overstayed my visit to Canada.
Hello Vanguy1970,

No I haven't heard anything from Vancouver but I ordered the FOSS notes from Access to Information and Privacy. I found out that my file has now been transferred to Ottawa, the medical is done, criminal check is done, my daughters have been approved but yet I am still waiting for the AIP???? It has now been 14 months and still nothing.

If you have not done so already, order the FOSS notes and you will have more of an idea of what is going on. Let me know if you hear anything from them. Good luck to you!!!