+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship with detour

gurps_cov

Sep 2, 2009
I am a canadian citiizen residing in the UK (Dual citizenship). I am getting married in India and the plan is for myself and my wife to settle in Canada. What I would like to do is get my wife to the UK for 3-4 months and then both of us can then move to Canada together since I have some work to do before I move. Applying for her to come to Canada is not a problem since she will be aligible for spousal sponsorship.

My fiance has a Indian passport. Would I need to apply for her to get a Visitor visa for the UK in order to accomplish this? would this be problematic? i.e. having a visa to immigrate to Canada as well as a visa to stay temporarily in the UK?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
gurps_cov said:
I am a canadian citiizen residing in the UK (Dual citizenship). I am getting married in India and the plan is for myself and my wife to settle in Canada. What I would like to do is get my wife to the UK for 3-4 months and then both of us can then move to Canada together since I have some work to do before I move. Applying for her to come to Canada is not a problem since she will be aligible for spousal sponsorship.

My fiance has a Indian passport. Would I need to apply for her to get a Visitor visa for the UK in order to accomplish this? would this be problematic? i.e. having a visa to immigrate to Canada as well as a visa to stay temporarily in the UK?
There is nothing inherently problematic about staying in a third nation when applying for residency. Remember that she'd need police certificates if she stays for more than six months.