+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Transferred to Etobicoke Office

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
[flash=200,200][/flash]
My inland Application started processing on Dec 15, 2010.
Now it was transferred to Local Etobicoke office on Sep 10, 2010. I called CIC call centre and they told i have to wait for six months for an interview and more 18 - 24 months for further processing. I don't know what to do as my parent's are very old and i am just worried of loosing.
I called again to ask for the reason being transferred and they told just wait for 6 months and then after if your application is smooth there is no time delay in second step of processing. I am confused anyone please help me

Can anyone shed some light on this please

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
the timeline call center states is true or should we just ignore? Any one is welcome to spread some light ...

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
kavi1774 said:
the timeline call center states is true or should we just ignore? Any one is welcome to spread some light ...
I have ordered for fossnotes and i dont know how the call center tells different timelines. Anyone whose application sent on dec 2009

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
I have the exact same timeline for my husband. i'm sponsoring him. I don't know which office they sent it to however. How did you find out which office? I called and they just said maybe etobicoke. But she din't sound sure. 6 months sounds like a longtime. We just applied for the workpermit even though I think we probably should have done that when we first got AIP. :(. I hope this all ends soon. Tired now.

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
Hi Vincywife,
Thanks i have someone to share. I called the cic call center and they told my file has been transferred but not yet received by the Etobicoke office. But once they recive it should be 6 months for an interview. First time one of the lady told it should take 18-24 months and then i called again after a week another lady from call center told it should take no waiting time after interview i am just confused. People call the call center and wait a long queue for 1/2 hr to get accurate information not a fake what do this people think in there mind. We have to work and pay tax and wait for a fake message with our money paid?
What message did you receive from them please share..

Vincywife said:
I have the exact same timeline for my husband. i'm sponsoring him. I don't know which office they sent it to however. How did you find out which office? I called and they just said maybe etobicoke. But she din't sound sure. 6 months sounds like a longtime. We just applied for the workpermit even though I think we probably should have done that when we first got AIP. :(. I hope this all ends soon. Tired now.

imemyself

Sep 29, 2010
My file has been transferred to Vancouver Local office w/o AIP as well... u r not alone

I was so shocked when i heard that 'cause that means i have to wait 6-18mos more could not work . that's so depressing

but have to look at the bright side that now i have the chance to show the officer face to face that my marrige is AUTHENTIC!

ple update what your foss note say...wonder if it helpful

best of luck~

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The stories of long wait are really depressing. Does anyone know the reason behind transferring files to a local office?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
chandu007 said:
The stories of long wait are really depressing. Does anyone know the reason behind transferring files to a local office?
Usually, if CIC have doubts about information on the application, then they call you in for an interview at your local office.

Unfortunately, depending which office this is, it can add anything up to 2 years on your application time.

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
I received foss notes and that talks about the genuineness when my refugee claim was refused after marriage. They need more information about the relationship prior to marriage where all my transaction where to the same address and i am staying with him since i am in canada. My lawyer told they are just dragging the time. I don't know when i am gonna hear from them. My lawyer is going to update more information and explaining them about the relationship already provided.

angelbrat said:
Usually, if CIC have doubts about information on the application, then they call you in for an interview at your local office.

Unfortunately, depending which office this is, it can add anything up to 2 years on your application time.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
kavi1774 said:
I received foss notes and that talks about the genuineness when my refugee claim was refused after marriage. They need more information about the relationship prior to marriage where all my transaction where to the same address and i am staying with him since i am in canada. My lawyer told they are just dragging the time. I don't know when i am gonna hear from them. My lawyer is going to update more information and explaining them about the relationship already provided.
Unfortunately, Etobicoke is one of the most busiest offices and if you read other posts on this forum, interviews at that office have taken up to 18 months in the past, although the average seems to be 6 months. So both IO's were right when they gave you the time line, in a way.

You are a failed refugee claimant that got married shortly before your refugee claim was declined. You must be able to see why this threw up a red flag to CIC when they reviewed your PR application.

Be prepared, make sure that you and your partner know everything about each other, including all past histories. Previous marriages, where your partner went to school, Mom and Dads names, ages, dates of birth etc.

The IO interviewing you, will want to assure themselves that you did not get married just to stay in Canada. Time is on your side, start preparing now, gather all genuine proof of relationship before marriage etc.

Good Luck.

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi guy, i file my application last year and it was being received 07/24/2017, now it has been transferred to Etobicoke office on 06/28/2018,.anyone has the latest update about that office? how long i am most likely will receive a response?
i am a july applicant . but i did not receive anything yet just sa on june. did u get sa or not yet?

Possible1982

Jul 29, 2018
yes. i just received sponser approval on june but no aip yet. did u receive sa or not ?
Hi am a July 2017 applicant and my file was transferred to Etobicoke and I didn’t receive any letter from them about the transfer I call cic and they told me my file was transferred , how comes I didn’t recycle and letter

Possible1982

Jul 29, 2018
Hi am a July 2017 applicant and my file was transferred to Etobicoke and I didn’t receive any letter from them about the transfer I call cic and they told me my file was transferred , how comes I didn’t recycle and letter
I got sponsor approval as well that’s it