+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Through Vienna

StevanK

Jan 14, 2016
Hey guys. I'm new here, but the forum has helped me a lot. I am a Canadian, currently living in Serbia. I have sent a Spousal Sponsorship Application for my wife and now I'm waiting. I want to share the following info with you from my ecas:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

From what I learned, this hopefully means that they have approved my wife for PR and we are now awaiting for them to return her passport so that we can move to Toronto (Correct me if I'm wrong). My only concern is this; is this moving too fast?? Also, does anyone happen to know how soon we can expect my wife's passport to return? (Post tracking service stated that it was delivered to Vienna yesterday).

Failed to mention that we have received a passport request on January 11th. That's only 6 days after they began processing our application in Vienna. That seems unreal.

Any comment is welcome!

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
StevanK said:
Hey guys. I'm new here, but the forum has helped me a lot. I am a Canadian, currently living in Serbia. I have sent a Spousal Sponsorship Application for my wife and now I'm waiting. I want to share the following info with you from my ecas:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

From what I learned, this hopefully means that they have approved my wife for PR and we are now awaiting for them to return her passport so that we can move to Toronto (Correct me if I'm wrong). My only concern is this; is this moving too fast?? Also, does anyone happen to know how soon we can expect my wife's passport to return? (Post tracking service stated that it was delivered to Vienna yesterday).

Failed to mention that we have received a passport request on January 11th. That's only 6 days after they began processing our application in Vienna. That seems unreal.

Any comment is welcome!
[/quote

Congrats Stevank!! Vienna seems to be moving quickly in processing applications. Checking through the September thread, another got approval as quick as you! I am also going through Vienna and hoping my husband will be here soon. Congrats once again

JFR

Apr 1, 2016
Hi there, i'm new here, and this is so helpful.

Just wondering did you complete the application on your own or through an immigration lawyer?

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
JFR said:
Hi there, i'm new here, and this is so helpful.

Just wondering did you complete the application on your own or through an immigration lawyer?
If your application is straight forward no need to hire a lawyer. There is lots of valuable information on this forum to guide you through!

JFR

Apr 1, 2016
Thank you for reply.

Perhaps you are able to answer this for me.
I'm getting married next month in Serbia and will fill application with my fiance, according to what I've read on this link cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp ,

I am suppose to send both his forms and mine directly to Canadian office in mississauga.

I am confused on Vienna's role in application process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, you send all the forms to the office in Mississauga. They will check the application to make sure all the forms are there, and also verify that the sponsor is eligible to sponsor. Then they will send the application to the visa office chosen (in your case, Vienna), for processing.