+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship through consultant or yourself

cn07

Dec 18, 2018
Hi all, wanted to know how are you all applying for the spousal sponsorship . Do majority of you do it yourself or through consultant

yannezie

May 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-03-2020
Med's Request
17-02-2020
Med's Done....
26-02-2020
Hi all, wanted to know how are you all applying for the spousal sponsorship . Do majority of you do it yourself or through consultant
i did it through consultant... my idea was... there will be someone to assist me in everything and happy to say.. the moment i sent them my papers... it went through smoothly right until it reached LVO.. i sent them my docs in after xmas 2019 and then AOR was Jan 15..biometrics and medical request on Feb 16 and 18, sponsorship aprroval was received on feb 19. Then it was sent to LVO on March 9 .. then long silence .. covid issues :) .... and then Last month they started processing it in LVO

Reactions: Paul09

cn07

Dec 18, 2018
i did it through consultant... my idea was... there will be someone to assist me in everything and happy to say.. the moment i sent them my papers... it went through smoothly right until it reached LVO.. i sent them my docs in after xmas 2019 and then AOR was Jan 15..biometrics and medical request on Feb 16 and 18, sponsorship aprroval was received on feb 19. Then it was sent to LVO on March 9 .. then long silence .. covid issues :) .... and then Last month they started processing it in LVO
Hi can you let me know the consultant which you choose if thats fine.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Depends on if you feel you need one. If your application is going to be quite easy and straightforward then no harm in doing it yourself. My husband and I had a very easy application for Outland that we did ourselves and was approved in three months. (Pre-Covid)

If you feel like your case is going to be quite complicated and you’re not confident you can cover all your bases then it might be worth looking into hiring a consultant.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hold on bro/sis, long way to go. Unfortunately, May 2019 still waiting :( ,,, Dec 2019 applicant.
I'm very well aware that it's still a long way to go, but patience is key I guess. just sucks that the pandemic is making it even worse than it already was

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
If you do not have any experience(applied Student Visa, Visitor Visa, your own Permanent resident application, or PNP), then go with a professional.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did myself after asking a bit of consultants. Frankly the hardest part is collecting all docs and organising, which you still end up having to do. So for me wasnt worth the money. But of course some have more money than time and for complicated cases could make sense.

Apart from reading bureaucratic instructions it is not that hard. Forums here are helpful (search before asking questions) at clarifying, there are a few common questions that come up.

Even if you hire a consultant, do your own research too. You are still responsible for all info you submit. Do not trust any consultant who advises you to submit false info.