+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship Refusal

Hanin24

Jan 31, 2018
On 13/06/2018 pursuant to the telephone call from the Canadian Embassy, my wife went to the Embassy for interview for Family Reunion with the embassy employee.
After she examined all the requested documents which my wife has presented, she requested to prove that the marriage is real and consummated and the proof of a house which I live with my wife under the same roof . In fact, I am currently in Canada and even though our marriage was concluded legally and registered in the department of civil affairs , however our marriage was not consummated in the biblical sense due to personal reasons including my Uncle ’s death right after my marriage. In fact, I own a house in my country and I have a title deed to prove it, as well, when I was in my country I resided with my father in his house in order not to leave him alone. I would like to know the reason for rejecting my wife’s application; are there any supporting documents I can provide or do I have to leave work and Canada to pursue matters personally? Or I can present a declaration and undertaking that our marriage will be consummated after she arrives to Canada and that I will support my declaration with a medical report to confirm same. In addition to the marriage ceremony and the registration of our marriage in the Sharia court and the civil status department of my country confirm and validate that our marriage is true.

The officer said that she needs to see our wedding and honeymoon photos ( we were postponing our marriage ceremony after a few months ) when my wife said that we are postponing the ceremony , the officer said to her that our marriage relationship is not genuine . and that we are in a genuine relationship ,but its not marriage .

What should I do now ? should I re-apply or appeal ?

I kindly await your response and guidance for my case.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
The question here is whether or not your marriage is valid in Canada? If you did a proxy marriage or any other type of marriage that is no recognized in Canada, then you are not legally married as far as Canada is concerned. You said you postponed your marriage ceremony?

Based on the information you posted here, it sounds as if you and your partner will need to complete the marriage ceremony and then re-apply for sponsorship. This time ensuring your marriage will be legally recognized in Canada.

Reactions: msb

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On 13/06/2018 pursuant to the telephone call from the Canadian Embassy, my wife went to the Embassy for interview for Family Reunion with the embassy employee.
After she examined all the requested documents which my wife has presented, she requested to prove that the marriage is real and consummated and the proof of a house which I live with my wife under the same roof . In fact, I am currently in Canada and even though our marriage was concluded legally and registered in the department of civil affairs , however our marriage was not consummated in the biblical sense due to personal reasons including my Uncle ’s death right after my marriage. In fact, I own a house in my country and I have a title deed to prove it, as well, when I was in my country I resided with my father in his house in order not to leave him alone. I would like to know the reason for rejecting my wife’s application; are there any supporting documents I can provide or do I have to leave work and Canada to pursue matters personally? Or I can present a declaration and undertaking that our marriage will be consummated after she arrives to Canada and that I will support my declaration with a medical report to confirm same. In addition to the marriage ceremony and the registration of our marriage in the Sharia court and the civil status department of my country confirm and validate that our marriage is true.

The officer said that she needs to see our wedding and honeymoon photos ( we were postponing our marriage ceremony after a few months ) when my wife said that we are postponing the ceremony , the officer said to her that our marriage relationship is not genuine . and that we are in a genuine relationship ,but its not marriage .

What should I do now ? should I re-apply or appeal ?

I kindly await your response and guidance for my case.

I would recommend you re-read your thread from June. It contained a great deal of useful advice.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-refusal.565999/#post-7011270

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would complete all the wedding ceremonies, consummate the marriage, and reapply. The visa officers are suspicious of marriages where all the typical ceremonies are not done (in countries where a traditional wedding celebration is normal), and also suspicious of unconsummated marriages. Telling them you will consummate it when she gets to Canada will not help, and providing medical proof would be considered strange, so don't do that.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
yes, we did complete our traditional wedding and reapplied our papers through a lawyer. now we are waiting for a response from the government. hopefully this time our papers will get accepted and I go settle with my husband.
Inshallah they will! wishing you luck!