+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship question

Nash148

Jan 31, 2016
Hey all,
We submitted our application for sponsoring my husband and I have a few questions that I hope I would get answers for

1. We have not lived together except when my husband came to Canada as a visitor so we do not have any form of joint ownership or bank accounts and all however would my husband's visit visa as my spouse be a good proof?
2. Now that we have applied for sponsorship would there be any kind of issue when he tries to enter Canada again as a visitor while his PR is in process? Or would that by any chance create any red flags in his PR application?
3. The limit for pictures is 20 maximum but we have said in the application that we have provided additional pictures so now our pictures are more than 20. Would that create a problem if we provide more pictures than the limit given to us?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Nash148 said:
Hey all,
We submitted our application for sponsoring my husband and I have a few questions that I hope I would get answers for

1. We have not lived together except when my husband came to Canada as a visitor so we do not have any form of joint ownership or bank accounts and all however would my husband's visit visa as my spouse be a good proof?
2. Now that we have applied for sponsorship would there be any kind of issue when he tries to enter Canada again as a visitor while his PR is in process? Or would that by any chance create any red flags in his PR application?
3. The limit for pictures is 20 maximum but we have said in the application that we have provided additional pictures so now our pictures are more than 20. Would that create a problem if we provide more pictures than the limit given to us?
You say you have already submitted your application, but are asking about proof, was that a typo?

1) You don't provide that if you aren't living together.
2) Are you visa-exempt? Then no. As long as he doesn't look like he's moving to Canada before the PR is approved.
3) Again, you said you've applied for sponsorship, which is it? Provide only the 20 requested, not extra.