Spousal sponsorship question about confusing language in documentation

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I plan to get married in Russia this summer and over the last few hours, I looked over all the forms that I believe will be necessary for my application. No doubt, looking more in-depth I will find many more things to wonder about, but so far, only two things are puzzling to me.

First, on the document checklist (IMM 5533), the checkbox number 7 of the section A requests "Country specific requirements." For her country, they require supplementary info about her travels (IMM 5562), which is easy enough. They require details of military service (IMM 5546) - in this case, do we mention the form and write N/A?

And also, after that hey ask "The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 or older must provide a copy of all pages of their labour book/workbook if they hold a passport for this country.". This is not a form per se, but the list asks for forms specifically. Do I mention just include the workbook here without a form associated?

My instinct was to lay it out like this on the checklist
https://i.imgur.com/OHythut.png

Second, and I guess this is more straight forward, in section B, in the supporting documents for the sponsored person, it asks "If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide proof of your status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit, temporary resident permit, including out of status documentation). If you do not have status in Canada, please provide an explanation on a separate piece of paper, as well a copy of any paperwork you have that is relevant to your status." In the case of an Outland application for someone who's never been to Canada, that's just N/A?

Thanks a lot!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if your spouse has never served in the military.....you may include a note to explain.

if the principal applicant has never been to Canada and not living in Canada....N/A

mm_ontario

Jan 30, 2019
Hi Wakki,

I didn't quite understand your response - "if your spouse has never served in the military.....you may include a note to explain."
I get that I shall need a written note on a separate paper but what about the military form itself? Shall I print and have it signed by my spouse and everywhere write "N/A"?