+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Quebec

cellomage

Jun 17, 2021
Hi all!

I posted several months ago with some questions concerning sponsoring my American husband, the answers to which were very helpful. Hoping to get some more insight now, as our situation has evolved.

I've moved back to Canada (i.e. declared that I'm returning as a resident, etc.) and my husband was issued a 6 month visitor visa. We have a place in Gatineau, QC (and intend on staying there), and from what I understand, we need to apply for a CSQ before proceeding with the federal application. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do that. I have no Quebec documents. Before moving to the US eight years ago, I lived in Ontario, but all my IDs are Texan now. I've made an appointment to exchange my driver's license, but they scheduled me for October. I was under the impression that I will need to show that I am a Quebec resident for this application. Would a bill or something of the sort suffice? If someone could point me to where I can find all the info I need, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi all!

I posted several months ago with some questions concerning sponsoring my American husband, the answers to which were very helpful. Hoping to get some more insight now, as our situation has evolved.

I've moved back to Canada (i.e. declared that I'm returning as a resident, etc.) and my husband was issued a 6 month visitor visa. We have a place in Gatineau, QC (and intend on staying there), and from what I understand, we need to apply for a CSQ before proceeding with the federal application. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do that. I have no Quebec documents. Before moving to the US eight years ago, I lived in Ontario, but all my IDs are Texan now. I've made an appointment to exchange my driver's license, but they scheduled me for October. I was under the impression that I will need to show that I am a Quebec resident for this application. Would a bill or something of the sort suffice? If someone could point me to where I can find all the info I need, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!
You do not need to apply CSQ before federal. You must apply to sponsor and when there is a sponsor approval you would receive the letter asking you to apply for a CSQ and this is only when you can apply for it. So if you have all documents ready you could start the process.

Reactions: cellomage

cellomage

Jun 17, 2021
You do not need to apply CSQ before federal. You must apply to sponsor and when there is a sponsor approval you would receive the letter asking you to apply for a CSQ and this is only when you can apply for it. So if you have all documents ready you could start the process.
Thank you so much for your reply! I didn't realize I never actually clicked "post" on this - apologies!

Now I actually have a few more follow-up questions since we're getting ready to file everything, but I'll post in a separate thread. Many thanks again!

Reactions: Dimilitantey