+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship-Permanent Resident Application, need help

HalienChills

Aug 1, 2023
Hi all,
My husband is in the country with me, from the US. We have applied for the spousal sponsorship permanent resident application. We applied in October. Since then he had sent in his biometrics as requested by the IRCC. In May we received confirmation that I was eligible to sponsor my husband and he was eligible to be sponsored.
Since then we haven't received anything.
I do realize it is very much a waiting game. I want to make sure there's nothing else that needs to be done and that I just need to wait it out?
What can be expected from this point forward?

I appreciate all the help
Regards,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
First, I'd suggest posting in the family sponsorship section/forum here. Cases will be more comparable to yours.

When did you receive the biometrics request? Have you received a file number?

Further suggestions since it is a bit odd at least that no info from IRCC/follow-up, esp medical:
-order your gcms notes. This will take a month at least.
-Call IRCC to ask.
-Ask your MP to inquire.

HalienChills

Aug 1, 2023
I will post in that section, thank you.
We received the Biometrics request and sent it through on April 30th. We have a file number also.

He had already done the medical portion of the package, we had it sent in with our application.

Thank you for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will post in that section, thank you.
We received the Biometrics request and sent it through on April 30th. We have a file number also.

He had already done the medical portion of the package, we had it sent in with our application.

Thank you for your help!
Then it's probably all normal, now you just wait.

Reactions: HalienChills

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Call your local MP office, I had similar issues and turns out there was a fee hidden in there that no one flagged. Caused 4 months of delays

Reactions: HalienChills