+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship paperwork

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
Hi everyone! I am gathering docs to apply for Spousal Sponsorship and have a couple of questions, would be super grateful if someone can help.
1. I have heard that pictures cannot be photoshopped, I do love editing (filters etc.)and don't usually keep the original photo. Can I send photoshopped pictures?
2. We have 3 letters from his mom, a neighbor and from the best friend. We put their contact info and passport pages. But my friend's application (they applied under common law) was returned cause letters were not notarized. Should we do that to avoid possible delays?
Thank you so much for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone! I am gathering docs to apply for Spousal Sponsorship and have a couple of questions, would be super grateful if someone can help.
1. I have heard that pictures cannot be photoshopped, I do love editing (filters etc.)and don't usually keep the original photo. Can I send photoshopped pictures?
2. We have 3 letters from his mom, a neighbor and from the best friend. We put their contact info and passport pages. But my friend's application (they applied under common law) was returned cause letters were not notarized. Should we do that to avoid possible delays?
Thank you so much for your help!
1. Filters are fine. You can't alter the actual content of the image.

2. Letters don't need to be notarized, unless it is stated in the country-specific requirements. Your friend either applied many years ago when notarized letters were required for common-law or the app was returned for a different reason.

Reactions: Anna007 and lccliff