+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Well i hope i am wrong but the way nikah is performed may raise objection from visa officer due to it happening in absence. Although u did eventually go to pak to get it done but i believe dates would be different on ur nikah nama and actual ceremony. I would suggest dont rely on assumption that visa officer will be aware of ahymadi nikah procedure include a cover letter explaining the reasons of all the differences and procedure in ur application and also that nikkah nama is only in english unlike pak where u get in urdu
Thanks for that. I will do a cover letter.

Reactions: Waqur and MM345

Mikebel111

Sep 18, 2017
By not visiting your spouse in Pakistan, is there a risk that your application gets rejected?
Is visiting crucial for application, or its not a big deal?

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
By not visiting your spouse in Pakistan, is there a risk that your application gets rejected?
did you get Nikah or Ruksati? Did you live there after marriage and if so how long? All these factors come into play. How long has it been since you saw your spouse?

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
URGENT QUESTION: my husband has a smart CNIC but on the back of the CNIC it has his address in urdu, Do I need to get that translated? If so who does he get it translated from? I know it says to be certified. but does anyone know certifies it?

Annee

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I dont think that is true. Does anyone else agree with this? Why would they want urdu translation of an Original Document. I think they only ask for translation of Urdu NN cus most if not all of the NN in Pak are usually in Urdu. Any one have a different opinion?
Unfortunately it is true. My nikahmana original was in English and urdu ( I signed both at time of my nikkah ) but sent the English one with my application, they now have asked me for the urdu one as well although i have sent them the original English one .

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
I dont think that is true. Does anyone else agree with this? Why would they want urdu translation of an Original Document. I think they only ask for translation of Urdu NN cus most if not all of the NN in Pak are usually in Urdu. Any one have a different opinion?
it is true. You are in this forum to seek help. if you know everything already all answers of your questions already that's well and good!

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
do u have Nikah only or Rukhsaati case? if rukhsaati case, then try to visit her after 3-4 month. When you visit her try to get as much as pics you with her. Keep proof of all your visits to her at different places shopping movies dinner anything you do take pics with her and with your and her families.
When you come back you can send all your pics and proof of your visit to LVO voluntarily. I did the same. Visited my wife 2nd time and sent all the proof voluntarily to LVO.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Unfortunately it is true. My nikahmana original was in English and urdu ( I signed both at time of my nikkah ) but sent the English one with my application, they now have asked me for the urdu one as well although i have sent them the original English one .
Do not send original u need to send only the copy of nikah nama and certified translation of the nikah nama.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
URGENT QUESTION: my husband has a smart CNIC but on the back of the CNIC it has his address in urdu, Do I need to get that translated? If so who does he get it translated from? I know it says to be certified. but does anyone know certifies it?
Yes you will need to get it translated atleast thats what i did. You can go to court or katchehri near u there will be hundreds of certified translators in that area but make sure you get his affidavit and notarize translation

canada 1989

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
but we never had Urdu NN. Our only original is English.
you have to provide only English NN as i do . i also belong the same community so i submitted english NN (canada)
and query related to ID card please do certified translation in English as i also submitted the smart copy but receive request to submit in English translation so translate it. jazakallah..

Reactions: lawcanpak and AHC

Waqur

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I just checked, on Smart CNIC on the back there is some information in Urdu. I assume I have to get that translated?
No, you don't have to get it translated. Its a chip-based smart-ID card they can easily find your address etc. through their systems. The same info is also available through the passport which is always in english!!
but I did go to Pak and attended my Nikah, the forms just got signed before hand, because its a bit complicated, first I have to sign and then it has to be attesteed by our jammat president here because I live here, then it goes to Pak and the groom signs and then the jammat president signs to acknowledge he does reside in pak and is a member of ahymadi jammat and then thats how a nikah of an ahymadi is performed as we are not allowed to get nikah outside of ahymadi jammat. I assume, the officer would know the process of how Ahymadia jammat NN are different.
As long as you have mentioned in your application that you are from a certain sect. (which i am sure you did) they will figure it out.
Yes, there used to be a time ppl got their Nikkah done over the phone and their applications were approved. However, now they have made it completely unacceptable.
You must ask other ppl who are from the same jammat and are already in Canada that how did they sponsor their spouse and etc (use your connections!)
Otherwise, all you can do is wait and see how do they deal with your case in particular.

Last edited:

canada 1989

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
you mentioned
No, you don't have to get it translated. Its a chip-based smart-ID card they can easily find your address etc. through their systems. The same info is also available through the passport which is always in english!!

As long as you have mentioned in your application that you are from a certain sect. (which i am sure you did) they will figure it out.
Yes, there used to be a time ppl got their Nikkah done over the phone and their applications were approved. However, now they have made it completely unacceptable.
You must ask other ppl who are from the same jammat and are already in Canada that how did they sponsor their spouse and etc (use your connections!)
Otherwise, all you can do is wait and see how do they deal with your case in particular.
you mentioned same details in your cover letter..as you mention

Annee

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Is your rukhsati done? Did they ask for rukhsati pictures specifically?
Yes it is done , my rukhsati was among family members only but a grand function was held the very next day but they kept asking for rukhsati pics specifically one with quran on head, wrote them a explanation , haven’t heard from them yet . I have already submitted my documents on dec 1

Waqur

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
you mentioned

you mentioned same details in your cover letter..as you mention
Hey, I dont understand what you are trying to ask.
But if you are saying, that if I mentioned any concerns in my cover letter and explained the reasons behind anything that was not usual, then yes I did.
For example; My Nikkah/Rukhsati happened in Lahore, while I am from Karachi (just to make it easier for all of us). I explained why we decided to have our Nikkah in Lahore and Reception in Karachi because usually its the other way around.
Just, things like that.