+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada - India

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
hello group

I have question regarding the submission of sponsorship application for my wife.
I am a canadian PR sponsoring my wife in India and have a question regarding the below:

India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card
My wife has her original birth certificate in Marathi and also the 10 certificate (in english) which indicates her DOB. Her voter id card unfortunately has her name mispelled.

Is it sufficient to submit only the original birth certificate in Marathi and 10 certificate in the sponsorship application?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
hello group

I have question regarding the submission of sponsorship application for my wife.
I am a canadian PR sponsoring my wife in India and have a question regarding the below:

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card
My wife has her original birth certificate in Marathi and also the 10 certificate (in english) which indicates her DOB. Her voter id card unfortunately has her name mispelled.

Is it sufficient to submit only the original birth certificate in Marathi and 10 certificate in the sponsorship application?
If the original birth certificate was NOT registered late............other original documents establishing identity such as school records will be nice to include but not mandatory.

If the birth certificate was registered late.........you must include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), AND
  • Voter's ID card

D. What is the time period prescribed for registering the event?
The normal period of 21 days (from the date of occurrence) has been prescribed for reporting the birth, death and still birth events.

http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011-FAQ/FAQ-CRS.html#B

• Voter's ID card

Last edited:

applicantY

May 25, 2018
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4 must be in English or French ONLY.

Get an official translation for your wife's birth certificate. That should be enough proof. You can include her education documents and any other proof you can think of. IRCC is fine with extra information.

PS: I didn't have a birth certificate, but a Mumbai High court letter: adoption case. ( in English, Holy fucking god). included an explanation letter with all of the documents I could possibly attach. IRCC accepted it.

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
If the original birth certificate was NOT registered late............other original documents establishing identity such as school records will be nice to include but not mandatory.

If the birth certificate was registered late.........you must include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
  • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), AND
  • Voter's ID card

D. What is the time period prescribed for registering the event?
The normal period of 21 days (from the date of occurrence) has been prescribed for reporting the birth, death and still birth events.

http://www.censusindia.gov.in/2011-FAQ/FAQ-CRS.html#B

• Voter's ID card

Thanks for the response on this...

OK so based on the above - my wife's birth year is 1990 and the original birth certificate (in marathi) is from 2005 (that means it falls under the category - registered late)

So now the option is to submit the 10th school certificate and voter id
I cannot submit voter id as my wife's name misspelled...

Can i submit 10 certificate and Aadhar? Is voter id an absolute must?

Thanks!!

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4 must be in English or French ONLY.

Get an official translation for your wife's birth certificate. That should be enough proof. You can include her education documents and any other proof you can think of. IRCC is fine with extra information.

PS: I didn't have a birth certificate, but a Mumbai High court letter: adoption case. ( in English, Holy fucking god). included an explanation letter with all of the documents I could possibly attach. IRCC accepted it.

OK so based on the above - my wife's birth year is 1990 and the original birth certificate (in marathi) is from 2005 (that means it falls under the category - registered late)

Thanks!!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Thanks!!
    • Voter's ID card

Based on the instructions above........when birth is registered late.......you should submit the following;
  1. original birth certificate (registered late)
  2. original baptism certificate (if you don't have maybe for religious reasons provide explanation)
  3. 10 certificate (Old school record)
  4. Aadhar Card (if card establishes identity)

Last edited:

dgjobbing

Nov 18, 2017
    • Voter's ID card

Based on the instructions above........when birth is registered late.......you should submit the following;
  1. original birth certificate (registered late)
  2. original baptism certificate (if you don't have maybe for religious reasons provide explanation)
  3. 10 certificate (Old school record)
  4. Aadhar Card (if card establishes identity)
Thank you so much !!!!