+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada - Buffalo to CPP-O

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi Everyone, I am in the same boat except I have not even had an interview or anything. I just ordered CAIPS notes for my file but it's going to be a full year on 10/27/2012. Based on the application timeline, does anyone have any idea when the case might be transferred to LA or be approved ? I know it would only be a guess but I'm frustrated like everyone else and getting very impatient as I thought CIC was better than USCIS but it seems like they are worse.

When I log into ecas all it says is

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Time line of Events for Application Dates
Appication Received 10/27/2011
Medical Completed 10/24/2011
Approved Part 1 1/13/2012
Requested additional information 2/17/2012
Back UP information sent 2/23/2012
Fingerprint check requested thru RCMP 3/12/2012
Fingerprint check Mailed to RCMP 4/4/2012
Results sent by RCMP to Canadian Consulate for finger prints 5/11/2012
Notification via email that case was transferred to Ottawa 6/22/2012
Ottawa help desk email states file was transferred and is working thru a large number of files at same time 9/17/2012

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
NO clue. Yours seems to being held up though because you did not send a complete application. We did - everything was there - medicals, fbi and state clearances, etc. when they received our passport on January 23. We received Passport Req on Oct 9th from LA VO.

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hey flyonthewall, thank you for the response. What makes you think that the application was not complete ? I did send my medicals as they confirmed they have received them. I paid the fees and providing more than sufficient back up documentation. FBI Clearance and we even sent my fingerprints thru RCMP, who in turn sent those results to Buffalo right before they closed. I Have seen so many people who applied in Jan, Feb, March and April of this year get approved but yet my case from Oct 2011 just sits there. Wouldn't they have asked me for something if it was missing ? Also, what is the process for example - ecas still show my case as received. Is the next step that it's going to get processed, and what happens do they ask for the passport after they approve it ? What is the step by step process based on where I am at. Oh and lastly, Ottawa sent me the message below on 10/17/202. The first part is generic but the second part is more specific to my case.

Thank you for your enquiry. I verified your application and the file was transferred to
this office following the closure of Buffalo. We ask for your understanding that we are
now working through a large number of files which have been transferred at the same
time.

You should hear from an agent within the next two months.

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
Ahh, I read that wrong. I thought you had not included your fingerprint reports, etc. No idea what's holding it up. Have you emailed them to ask if you can get an update? That kicked them into high gear for me.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
This does seem like a very very long time, I know everyone says this and that hold up your case and maybe I just got lucky but I didn't even pay the RPRF in the beginning I waited for them to request it... app was received April 23, 2012 and I had PPR also on Oct 9th I figure by the time I get my PP back the whole process would have been 6 1/2 months. I can see the fingerprints from the RCMP taking alittle while longer but from what you showed your e-case doesn't even say your app is in process mine says....
We received your application for permanent residence on April 23, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 14, 2012.(sameday RPRF was requested)

Medical results have been received.
Have you had your spouse (or which ever of you is the Canadian) contact their MP? tho since you are technically with-in the time frame you may just keep getting they are experiencing high application volumes... wish I had more advise.... Good Luck!

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah well I am glad that it worked out for you. I am glad it was a quick timeline. It's possible that the closing of the Buffalo office caused my file to get lost in the stack or something. My wife lives with me in California but I am having my father in law check with the MP regarding our case. On 10/17/2012 after numerous emails to the CIC help desk and they always send a generic response, I got the response below. See the last sentence.

Thank you for your enquiry. I verified your application and the file was transferred to
this office following the closure of Buffalo. We ask for your understanding that we are
now working through a large number of files which have been transferred at the same
time.

You should hear from an agent within the next two months.