+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship ( Outland?? vs TRV + Inland???)

PraveshGG

Jan 3, 2019
My question is simple and I hope I would get some answers.
I became Canadian PR in October 2021. I went back to my country (Nepal) and got married in December 2021. I came back to Canada in January of this year.
Now, my question is how should I proceed with my spousal sponsorship?
My approach for achieving this is as follows:
1. Apply for her TRV.
2. Have her here and apply for inland sponsorship and OWP so that we can be together and she can work too.

Another approach:
1. Apply with Outland sponsorship and wait it out separately. (Most likely ~ 12 months) :(
The problem is I hear that there would be more issues in PR application in the future as It can be seen that we lied in our TRV that she is coming to Canada temporarily for visiting me. I am worried there might be some hiccups and hence that is going to separate us even more. Would love to know your similar experiences.

Your responses would be much appreciated! :)

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I became Canadian PR in October 2021. I went back to my country (Nepal) and got married in December 2021. I came back to Canada in January of this year.
1. Apply for her TRV.
2. Have her here and apply for inland sponsorship and OWP so that we can be together and she can work too.

Another approach:
1. Apply with Outland sponsorship and wait it out separately. (Most likely ~ 12 months) :(
The problem is I hear that there would be more issues in PR application in the future as It can be seen that we lied in our TRV that she is coming to Canada temporarily for visiting me. I am worried there might be some hiccups and hence that is going to separate us even more. Would love to know your similar experiences.

Either option is possible and is fine. It will not be seen that you lied on the TRV if you actually did not lie (like saying she is single instead of married)
The inland option will be more difficult since you can't easily obtain TRV at this point. Your wife will have to prove she has more ties outside Canada.

OWP nowadays takes forever, sometimes the PR gets approved before the work permit. So consider that as a likely situation if you apply inland.
Hope this helps.

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
1. Apply for her TRV.

Another approach:

Same boat hear, I also would like to here the advice for this situation :) , BTW, regarding the OWP, do we have any idea how long it will takes to get it be approved? thanks

Nikhilsai

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
B-1215
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Guys, I am also in the same boat. thinking which apporach to go.
1. If I decide to go with outland sponsorship ? Is it only Paper application or now they accept Online application as well ?
2. If Online application is accepted, can you someone please share the link ?
3. can we apply for OWP for my wife if it is outland sponsorship ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Apply for her TRV.

Another approach:

Whether you wife can get a TRV will likely determine whether you have the option to apply inland.

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Either option is possible and is fine. It will not be seen that you lied on the TRV if you actually did not lie (like saying she is single instead of married)
The inland option will be more difficult since you can't easily obtain TRV at this point. Your wife will have to prove she has more ties outside Canada.

OWP nowadays takes forever, sometimes the PR gets approved before the work permit. So consider that as a likely situation if you apply inland.
Hope this helps.
Hi,
I am in the same boat, however my wife already have the TRV.

I read on IRCC website that you should get a reply for OWP within 4 months of application. How can I find the current processing times for OWP.

The current processing times for Inland (15 months) vs outland (22 months) on IRCC suggests Inland is relatively faster.

So I am really confused now, please advise.