+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship - Moved to Quebec while application is in progress - Help needed

Rajadhiraja1

Feb 10, 2016
Hello friends,

I applied for my wife's PR, I used to live in toronto and recently moved to Quebec for a new job.

Will that affect my wife's PR? Will my moving be impacting my wife's application in anyway?

What may be the best thing to do right now, comments greatly appreciated.

Hoping to receive a response. Thx.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello friends,

I applied for my wife's PR, I used to live in toronto and recently moved to Quebec for a new job.

Will that affect my wife's PR? Will my moving be impacting my wife's application in anyway?

What may be the best thing to do right now, comments greatly appreciated.

Hoping to receive a response. Thx.
Yes it will affect your wifes application.

You MUST advise CIC of your change of address and at the same time advise them that this is a permanent move and that her new 'target' province to live in once approved is Quebec (both are material changes that CIC must be advised of).

Your existing application is fine, it is just that they will have to ask you for a form CSQ as an additional requirement for spousal sponsorship, as this is a specific additional requirement for residence in QC only.

doukson2002

Dec 28, 2018
Yes it will affect your wifes application.

You MUST advise CIC of your change of address and at the same time advise them that this is a permanent move and that her new 'target' province to live in once approved is Quebec (both are material changes that CIC must be advised of).

Your existing application is fine, it is just that they will have to ask you for a form CSQ as an additional requirement for spousal sponsorship, as this is a specific additional requirement for residence in QC only.
@Hurlabrick so are you saying the application will be on hold until CSQ is done?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
@Hurlabrick so are you saying the application will be on hold until CSQ is done?
What did you tell them about 'destination province? Presumably Ontario? Once you tell them you are moving and changing the destination province, then yes, they will ask for a CSQ, which will very likely slow things down by a few weeks. You have to do this, not an option as this is a material change.

doukson2002

Dec 28, 2018
What did you tell them about 'destination province? Presumably Ontario? Once you tell them you are moving and changing the destination province, then yes, they will ask for a CSQ, which will very likely slow things down by a few weeks. You have to do this, not an option as this is a material change.
No, I I put 'Alberta' as destinition province which is where I currently am and have been since January. I am just trying to understand the repercussions of me moving to Quebec not if I have a job offer...