+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Mexico VO

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
where are you trying to sponsor from? My husband is in Honduras and I just checked and the CVAC in that country is temp closed due to Covid. I know that if the office is closed our application won’t be returned if we don’t be biometrics, now I’m wondering if it’s going to be delayed. Omg so many questions ☹
My husband is in Trinidad and Tobago, i think T&T office is open not 100% sure. Unfortunately it seems like we have to sit back and wait for the next step/s.

maryberry

Nov 16, 2017
We applied Dec 2020 and just got our AOR1. My husband’s application has just been sent to Mexico VO. He hasn’t received the medical or biometrics request yet. We are only at SA right now. How long did it take for your apps to move along after being sent to Mexico VO? Thanks!

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
We applied Dec 2020 and just got our AOR1. My husband’s application has just been sent to Mexico VO. He hasn’t received the medical or biometrics request yet. We are only at SA right now. How long did it take for your apps to move along after being sent to Mexico VO? Thanks!
Unfortunately the process at Mexico is lengthy there are people from 2019 still waiting for ppr etc. I applied June 2020 and did medicals last month. Hopefully they speed up a bit.

ILUVBC

Jan 21, 2021
BC
Category........
FAM
We applied in March 2020 and medicals last month. Like the previous person said it’s a lengthy process. Good luck

maryberry

Nov 16, 2017
Unfortunately the process at Mexico is lengthy there are people from 2019 still waiting for ppr etc. I applied June 2020 and did medicals last month. Hopefully they speed up a bit.
I was worried that would be the case. I hope everything speeds up. Best of luck to you!

maryberry

Nov 16, 2017
My husband just received a letter from IRCC requesting for his police clearance from Mexico. We still have not received any Biometrics or Medical request. Does this come after the clearance has been submitted? Also for those whose PA's are from Mexico, how long did your police clearance take to be uploaded by the Mexico VO? I understand that we just have to send the requirements to their office and they will upload everything automatically and not have to send/upload to main office in Sydney. Is this correct? Thank you!

Jlovel

Jun 14, 2021
My husband is in Trinidad and Tobago, i think T&T office is open not 100% sure. Unfortunately it seems like we have to sit back and wait for the next step/s.
I am in the same boat. My husband is in Trinidad. Submitted our application in Jan 2021. He just completed his biometrics and our application was sent to Mexico about a month and a half ago. I’m born in Canada and my father is from TandT. My husband is also an essential worker so that may be supporting our time frame.

ILUVBC

Jan 21, 2021
BC
Category........
FAM
I am in the same boat. My husband is in Trinidad. Submitted our application in Jan 2021. He just completed his biometrics and our application was sent to Mexico about a month and a half ago. I’m born in Canada and my father is from TandT. My husband is also an essential worker so that may be supporting our time frame.
If your husband is travel exempt, your application will move faster. IRCC is prioritizing travel exempt applications. Good luck!!!

868Trini

Jan 11, 2021
Hi @ILUVBC and @Jlovel I am from Trinidad as well my application was submitted on dec 2020, got confirmation file was sent to mexico however never received an AOR2. Did medicals in June and passed however no response or feedback from mexico to-date. Any update on either of your applications

Jlovel

Jun 14, 2021
Hi @ILUVBC and @Jlovel I am from Trinidad as well my application was submitted on dec 2020, got confirmation file was sent to mexico however never received an AOR2. Did medicals in June and passed however no response or feedback from mexico to-date. Any update on either of your applications
We never received AOR that our application was recieved in Mexico. We got notification it was being sent there and then we started getting letters.
My husband has been finishing his biometrics and medical in the last month we have received his pre-arrival and RFV letters in terms of correspondence. We have been very please and excited with the process. Not sure what is next after this.