+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#Spousal sponsorship matters#

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
This is incorrect. Precovid approximately 80% of spousal sponsorships were completed in 1 year. Some took closer to 2 years. Applications from some countries generally take much longer to process and if a spouse needs an interview that can delay the process. Would expect that most applications will take longer than a year to be processed during covid? It seems as though you are still at the initial stages of the processing so you may still have a year until you get PR.
Hello thanks for the info.. This is our ecas last update for my sponsorship application status "decision made" then for PR application is "In process" what does it mean? sorry I just relayed to my same nationality and their experience also applied for the same visa but I understand because of our current situation Covid has really affected us and it still depends on the officer, atleast I have an idea of how long it takes to process the application.

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
You're mistaken that it's a maximum of 12 months. Some applicant have been waiting 16-18 months.
IRCC states they try to complete approx 80% of all applications in 12 months or less. Visa offices and Embassies around the world all work at different speeds and thinking 12 months maximum isn't correct, just a general timeline to follow.
If you're only just doing a medical and if the general timeline applies, you likely have at least 6 months more before any decisions are made. Possibly 8 months. Not all applications are the same. That's the frustrating part of this process. There are no standards, no benchmarks on which to gauge how far along the application is at any point.
The common theme on this site and other groups regarding PR applications is to be patient. You can drive yourself crazy especially at the beginning of the whole thing wondering when the next step is happening.
Hello thanks for the info.. This is our ecas last update for my sponsorship application status "decision made" then for PR application is "In process" what does it mean? sorry I just relayed to my same nationality and their experience also applied for the same visa but I understand because of our current situation Covid has really affected us and it still depends on the officer, atleast I have an idea of how long it takes to process the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you sure it wasn’t the decision made that your sponsor was approved to sponsor you? That is usually what comes after biometric and medicals but you never know, Does it say anything about your background checks (security and criminality)?

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Are you sure it wasn’t the decision made that your sponsor was approved to sponsor you? That is usually what comes after biometric and medicals but you never know, Does it say anything about your background checks (security and criminality)?

Hello, they didn't say anything status about my background, for now, that's all they said in our account. I understand the processing time is dependent on the workload that the visa or immigration office is experiencing, as well as how complete the application is. That's why we have an immigration attorney to help us through the process.