+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#Spousal sponsorship matters#

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Out-land sponsorship
January applicant 2020
Biometrics and medicals submitted submitted and received by IRCC in Febuary 2020. Since then no update.
I have been following IRCC updates on Tweeter, they seems to be avoiding/ignoring questions related to family or Spousal sponsorship.
What is going on guys ? have they forgotten about us??
Let me know what you guys think please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Out-land sponsorship
January applicant 2020
Biometrics and medicals submitted submitted and received by IRCC in Febuary 2020. Since then no update.
I have been following IRCC updates on Tweeter, they seems to be avoiding/ignoring questions related to family or Spousal sponsorship.
They are still processing applications but there may be delays. There will be even more delays in areas where VAC, doctors offices and embassies/consulates are closed down. Delays are unavoidable and timelines are more unpredictable due to covid. Applications will still be processed. People want concrete answers in a very fluid situation.

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
They are still processing applications but there may be delays. There will be even more delays in areas where VAC, doctors offices and embassies/consulates are closed down. Delays are unavoidable and timelines are more unpredictable due to covid. Applications will still be processed. People want concrete answers in a very fluid situation.
Many thanks for that analysis

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Out-land sponsorship
January applicant 2020
As @canuck78 said things are still being processed but at no where the normal timelines. They have not forgotten nor are they ignoring you. There is only much they can do right now. Their Twitter posts are only for info, if you have a specific Q regarding your app then submit a web form. FYI you being a Feb 2020 applicant you are way behind many other thousand applications. Face the fact it will be a long wait to see progress on your file. Patience is the name of the game right now.

Reactions: Haideen

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Hello Everyone :) .. I hope you have an idea for visa outland Febuary 2020 application. May I ask when it is possible to issue a visa after medical because until now we have no update on ecas. My medical was submitted to IRCC on sept 4 but until now we dont have any update. Thank you and Godbless

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone :) .. I hope you have an idea for visa outland Febuary 2020 application. May I ask when it is possible to issue a visa after medical because until now we have no update on ecas. My medical was submitted to IRCC on sept 4 but until now we dont have any update. Thank you and Godbless
It could still be quite a while before you will get your PR. Give us your full timeline, what else has been completed, spousal approval etc.

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
It could still be quite a while before you will get your PR. Give us your full timeline, what else has been completed, spousal approval etc.

Hello again :) thanks for your reply

Here is my timeline for my application.
Nov 2019 - collecting requirements
Feb 2020 - submitted to IRCC
March 2020 (before lockdown) - biometrics done
September 3 done for medical
September 4 - the clinic forwarded my medical in IRCC

My husband is a Canadian citizen and we applied for spousal/PR. Until now we don't have any updates from our ecas. Do you have any idea about this situation? Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello again :) thanks for your reply

Here is my timeline for my application.
Nov 2019 - collecting requirements
Feb 2020 - submitted to IRCC
March 2020 (before lockdown) - biometrics done
September 3 done for medical
September 4 - the clinic forwarded my medical in IRCC

My husband is a Canadian citizen and we applied for spousal/PR. Until now we don't have any updates from our ecas. Do you have any idea about this situation? Thanks in advance
You have quite a long time to go. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes if you want to know how far your application has progressed. You likely still have all the background checks left.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
You have quite a long time to go. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes if you want to know how far your application has progressed. You likely still have all the background checks left.
Hello again, so you mean I still need to wait a bit longer for approval? actually we have an agency to help us with our application but even with them they don't have any update. How to suggest ordering GCMS notes? Do I need to send them an email? Thank you in advance

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Reactions: Ashvhy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello again, so you mean I still need to wait a bit longer for approval? actually we have an agency to help us with our application but even with them they don't have any update. How to suggest ordering GCMS notes? Do I need to send them an email? Thank you in advance
The medical is usually at the beginning of the procesa so you likely have many months to go and perhaps closer to a year.

Reactions: Ashvhy

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
The medical is usually at the beginning of the procesa so you likely have many months to go and perhaps closer to a year.
Hello again thanks for your reply and for the links you shared. Anyway, the visa processing is a maximum of 12 months so I'll just wait but we still praying and hoping to speed up their process for every application. Thanks again.. Stay safe and Godbless

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hello again thanks for your reply and for the links you shared. Anyway, the visa processing is a maximum of 12 months so I'll just wait but we still praying and hoping to speed up their process for every application. Thanks again.. Stay safe and Godbless
You're mistaken that it's a maximum of 12 months. Some applicant have been waiting 16-18 months.
IRCC states they try to complete approx 80% of all applications in 12 months or less. Visa offices and Embassies around the world all work at different speeds and thinking 12 months maximum isn't correct, just a general timeline to follow.
If you're only just doing a medical and if the general timeline applies, you likely have at least 6 months more before any decisions are made. Possibly 8 months. Not all applications are the same. That's the frustrating part of this process. There are no standards, no benchmarks on which to gauge how far along the application is at any point.
The common theme on this site and other groups regarding PR applications is to be patient. You can drive yourself crazy especially at the beginning of the whole thing wondering when the next step is happening.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is incorrect. Precovid approximately 80% of spousal sponsorships were completed in 1 year. Some took closer to 2 years. Applications from some countries generally take much longer to process and if a spouse needs an interview that can delay the process. Would expect that most applications will take longer than a year to be processed during covid? It seems as though you are still at the initial stages of the processing so you may still have a year until you get PR.