+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Lima Peru Finished in Less than 5 Months!

limaperu9

Sep 22, 2011
I am a Chinese living in Canada who just went through the sponsorship process for my beautiful and lovely Peruvian wife.

Reading through some of the posts here concerning others who have applied for the visa through the Lima embassy, we were initially scared that this can take up to a year. Thankfully, this all passed within 5 months, and beat all of our expectations! This is the fastest approval process I have EVER heard of!

This was our timeline:
1. May 2011-Submit for Sponsor approval
2. June 2011-Sponsor Approved, Application Sent to Lima
3. November 2011-Spouse approved, no interview, etc required!!

It was that fast. My wife and I were jumping with joy because we had anticipated the worst outcome on the website that said 12 months.

This was our background:

Both my wife and I are in our early twenties, with me a couple years older than she is. I met her in early 2010 and we both fell in love since the very beginning :). I went back and forth a number of times as often as I could, traveled with her all over the country, and we got engaged in late 2010 and happily married by April 2011! Right afterwards I started the visa process and that was that!

I don't know why some people take so much longer but here are some of my thoughts why it took less time for us:
1. We were both young and unmarried before
2. We could tell a very logical and coherent story from when we met and each step of our relationship
3. We were able to organize very well a presentation that documented our love since the beginning
4. We were able to present every proof there was, including interaction between our families

Now, I'm going to pick her up in December to bring her back with me!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
ours took 2 years and we were able to provide all the things you mentioned.. we had a bit of a harder situation because of my husband s status in the US, but still two damn years... i think you were just really lucky to be honest ! good for you !

Nov 18, 2011
limaperu9 said:
I am a Chinese living in Canada who just went through the sponsorship process for my beautiful and lovely Peruvian wife.

Reading through some of the posts here concerning others who have applied for the visa through the Lima embassy, we were initially scared that this can take up to a year. Thankfully, this all passed within 5 months, and beat all of our expectations! This is the fastest approval process I have EVER heard of!

This was our timeline:
1. May 2011-Submit for Sponsor approval
2. June 2011-Sponsor Approved, Application Sent to Lima
3. November 2011-Spouse approved, no interview, etc required!!

It was that fast. My wife and I were jumping with joy because we had anticipated the worst outcome on the website that said 12 months.

This was our background:

Both my wife and I are in our early twenties, with me a couple years older than she is. I met her in early 2010 and we both fell in love since the very beginning :). I went back and forth a number of times as often as I could, traveled with her all over the country, and we got engaged in late 2010 and happily married by April 2011! Right afterwards I started the visa process and that was that!

I don't know why some people take so much longer but here are some of my thoughts why it took less time for us:
1. We were both young and unmarried before
2. We could tell a very logical and coherent story from when we met and each step of our relationship
3. We were able to organize very well a presentation that documented our love since the beginning
4. We were able to present every proof there was, including interaction between our families

Now, I'm going to pick her up in December to bring her back with me!
Can you tell me how long it was after the file was sent to Lima that your wife received an acknowledgement letter from the Lima VO?

Thanks