+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship January 2018

veer01

Mar 5, 2016
Hi,

I have got file number on 2 Jan 2018 for my wife who is living outside Canada . I got email notifying that my file has been forwarded to India visa office on 20 apr 2018. But I haven’t heard anything after that. I am still waiting for medical and other next steps. Please help

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

Process completion time for spousal sponsorship varies depending on the Visa Office and on case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress..........sponsorship process requires a lot of patience.......relax.......its a wait.

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Hello everyone i want to share my application process here and i have few question as well. i hope you can help me with all my queries.

application received: January 4,2018
application started in process: Feb 10,2018
Medical request: June 27,2018
Medical submitted: July 11, 2018
Medical have been received by cic posted (ECAS): July 13,2018

This is the timeline of our application, my husband is my principal sponsor unfortunately if you take a look on my timeline they started processing our application last February 10 and got my medical request last June 27. My question is how come we didn't received sponsor approval? How come they allow me to have my medical test without sponsor approval yet? I am confused, i know its a case to case basis and everyone have different immigration officers who handled our application. I am hoping you can help me to understand my current status. Thanks

Reactions: sush06

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hello everyone i want to share my application process here and i have few question as well. i hope you can help me with all my queries.

This is the timeline of our application, my husband is my principal sponsor unfortunately if you take a look on my timeline they started processing our application last February 10 and got my medical request last June 27. My question is how come we didn't received sponsor approval? How come they allow me to have my medical test without sponsor approval yet? I am confused, i know its a case to case basis and everyone have different immigration officers who handled our application. I am hoping you can help me to understand my current status. Thanks
You can call IRCC call center and ask them about sponsors approval. They might provide you with some information and maybe they just didn’t send sponsors approval email but actually did approve your sponsor...Also in the form IMM 1344 question #1 did you choose “withdraw application” if sponsor found ineligible or “continue with application”? Also what your ecas under Sponsor’s status say?

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

Process completion time for spousal sponsorship varies depending on the Visa Office and on case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12months to help reduce the waiting stress..........sponsorship process requires a lot of patience.......relax.......its a wait.
You can call IRCC call center and ask them about sponsors approval. They might provide you with some information and maybe they just didn’t send sponsors approval email but actually did approve your sponsor...Also in the form IMM 1344 question #1 did you choose “withdraw application” if sponsor found ineligible or “continue with application”? Also what your ecas under Sponsor’s status say?
My sponsor ecas still in process, by the way our application is INLAND SPOUSAL and we did call the cic about it and they said to wait but its been 2 weeks since we called them very confusing i am thinking maybe after my medical passed maybe they will send us SA, but what can we do? patience is a virtue they said lol. I know its very stressful to think about this immigration stuff but it is what it is.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
My sponsor ecas still in process, by the way our application is INLAND SPOUSAL and we did call the cic about it and they said to wait but its been 2 weeks since we called them very confusing i am thinking maybe after my medical passed maybe they will send us SA, but what can we do? patience is a virtue they said lol. I know its very stressful to think about this immigration stuff but it is what it is.
I think it’s a bit different for inland applications...I read that sometimes they take longer with the sponsors approval when it comes to inland applications comparing to outland ones. But I think it’s a good sign that they sent you a medical request and you just have to be patient even though it’s hard I know.

sush06

Jul 12, 2018

Don’t worry i had the same process
File submitted- 26 January 2018
AOR received- 21 March 2018
Medical requested- 22 March 2018
File transferred to NewDelhi Visa Office - April 26, 2018
Since then no updates.

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Don’t worry i had the same process
File submitted- 26 January 2018
AOR received- 21 March 2018
Medical requested- 22 March 2018
File transferred to NewDelhi Visa Office - April 26, 2018
Since then no updates.
Yeah i was wondering about my medical test results because if there are some problems the physician who check me should've contacted me first before submitting the medical test to the IRCC right? so it means there is nothing wrong with my results. Then according to other applicants based on their application right after medical they are doing some background check so i guess i should wait as the BG will take at least 3 or more month depending on the countries you came from.